2017 Hybrid Jeep Wrangler

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Guess Im one of the few who thinks this is a good idea. Provided the electric motor can provide crazy torque. And its a lot better IMO than the all electric idea because there would be no way ti charge it on the trail.

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
The electric motor is all about torque right off idle. Could be a real benefit off road. But, even coupled with a gas engine, the power on the road is :yawn37: at best. Gotta take a wait and see on this one.

JKBombshell

i think they should instead come out with 2 more engine options. V8 for the not to faint hearted and/or a eco diesel
i think Jeep is on a wrong path if some of the rumors that are out are true... i mean come on, more aerodynamic?, individual suspension?, now prius wagon???

i don't know guys I'm speech less. all i know is i got to hurry up and get the jeep i want now while they are still cool.

Kalums

Ooooo I just had a ridiculously crazy idea, what if they made the engine bay actually big enough for a V8 (like they should in the first place) and slammed the eco diesel and a real electric motor(meaning atleast 300 ft lbs of torque) in there together..... Sans the IFS, and I'm all about drooling over that one

trailless

Caught the Bug
i think Jeep is on a wrong path if some of the rumors that are out are true... i mean come on, more aerodynamic?, individual suspension?, now prius wagon???

i don't know guys I'm speech less. all i know is i got to hurry up and get the jeep i want now while they are still cool.

The crazy thing is that all the things you listed will only drive up sales. With new wrangler model, they've been targeting a wider and wider audience. The JK Unlimited being the biggest jump to really targeting the general audience.

Is it what we want? No. But they are a for profit company and I don't blame them. The weekend off roader that needs or even wants solid axles, lockers, and a low range, in my opinion, is a dying breed. They'll try and maintain the necessary options that makes a Jeep a Jeep to the masses, an option for a removable top and doors and the iconic grill.

With that said, I'm going to be keeping my 2014 for a long, long time. :)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom