Spacer question

Thirdcoast

I am looking to go to a Duratrac 255 or 265 for my 2007 WK and keep the stock wheels. I ordered a set of Spidertrax wheel spacers so I could keep my stock wheels and not lift it (saving the money for my JK I am building). I spoke with my local tire shop and he said that it is hard to get the tires balanced when you have spacers. Granted I am new to all this jeep stuff, but that made no sense to me. Am I getting bad info? I haven't seen a single person on this forum say they can't balance their tires because they have spacers.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Sounds like a loud of crap to me. Providing that you get the spacers such as Spydertrax (which you have) you really shouldn't have any issues with them with proper maintenance. Its not any worse than running a wider wheel with less back spacing really.

gleno99

I am looking to go to a Duratrac 255 or 265 for my 2007 WK and keep the stock wheels. I ordered a set of Spidertrax wheel spacers so I could keep my stock wheels and not lift it (saving the money for my JK I am building). I spoke with my local tire shop and he said that it is hard to get the tires balanced when you have spacers. Granted I am new to all this jeep stuff, but that made no sense to me. Am I getting bad info? I haven't seen a single person on this forum say they can't balance their tires because they have spacers.

I had spidertrax for 25k miles with no issues at all. Sounds like bad info to me. They are probably trying to sell you wheels.

JKWrang

Your wheels/tires get balanced OFF of the vehicle and the spacers add no negative or adverse geometry to the wheels provided you use quality spacers lile spidertrax.

The shop youre going to is giving you terrible advice.

Thirdcoast

Thanks guys, that is what I was thinking as well. The spacer isn't mounted on the wheel so there should be no balancing issue. Perhaps there are spacers that mount to the wheel and maybe that is what he was talking about. I will just tell them what I want and trusty research

Sounds like a loud of crap to me. Providing that you get the spacers such as Spydertrax (which you have) you really shouldn't have any issues with them with proper maintenance. Its not any worse than running a wider wheel with less back spacing really.

x2000. Absolute truth.

Crosis44

I would imagine the guy at the tire shop tries to balance with the spacer attached to the wheel...I have seen this. as mentioned above, Asshat.

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
Im imagining them spinning the jeep to balance the wheel and I can't stop laughing. I'm a man child in my head.

Top Bottom