Thank you Discount Tire Direct

AcB-jk

How many miles do the muds get before the tread is gone and how about the trails? Providing you rotate them religiously.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

Discount Tire

Hey discount, I'm in need of some new tires, I have 1.5" spacers on the way and painted stock 17's. I've been looking for a long time for some decent tires to give me some grip on the trails but still preform 90% highway summer and winter! I would rather a 35" tire but might need a 33" just to save on fuel and the upgrade in a lift and re-gearing costs. You probably see this issue a lot, what tire would you suggest? And you ship right to my door in Canada? What confuses me is the conversion and how tall actual tires are vs the actual height and width.

Just replied to your PM :thumb:

Templar

pfft! You don't need a lift! You have plenty of clearance right there!

You know I could probably get away with it if I trimmed the pinch seam and cut the fenders or went with some flat fenders :cheesy: but I am going to be patient. I just ordered the EVO JK Enforcer Pro Stage 1 Coilover / draglink flip / front lower control arm kit from Northridge 4x4 and just have to save up for the re-gear and ATX Slabs and I should be good to go.

Rccrwlr

Looking at the same tire but in 35/12.5/17. Why is it some Discount Tires will mount them on stock rubicon rims and others won't?

I'm having to work around that right now. They say for legal reasons. The tire spec calls for a min wheel width of 8.5" and the stock wheels are 7.5"

VScott

I'm having to work around that right now. They say for legal reasons. The tire spec calls for a min wheel width of 8.5" and the stock wheels are 7.5"

How are you working around it? Are you taking it to a mom and pop tire place? I really want to be able to have the road hazard warranty.

Morkai

You know I could probably get away with it if I trimmed the pinch seam and cut the fenders or went with some flat fenders :cheesy: but I am going to be patient. I just ordered the EVO JK Enforcer Pro Stage 1 Coilover / draglink flip / front lower control arm kit from Northridge 4x4 and just have to save up for the re-gear and ATX Slabs and I should be good to go.

That's the same route I'm going with my '15 unlimited. Just ordered ATX Chamber Pro II's, EVO Enforcer Pro and tires are next. Only think I'm worried about is the Dana 30, I'll have to do something about that, lol! Can't wait to see it all together!

Discount Tire

Looking at the same tire but in 35/12.5/17. Why is it some Discount Tires will mount them on stock rubicon rims and others won't?

We will only install tires on wheels that fall within our approved rim width recommendations; this goes for all our locations. Your safety is our number one priority and we want you to get the most out of your tires. Sticking within the approved rim width ranges reduces heat build up in your tires and heat is your tires worst enemy. Excessive heat can lead to faster wear and increased chances for separations and tire failures.*

We'd love to help you get a wider tire under your JK safely so if you are interested in upgrading your wheels too please let us know. We'll do the best we can to make you a great deal.

Rccrwlr

How are you working around it? Are you taking it to a mom and pop tire place? I really want to be able to have the road hazard warranty.

Yes. Essentially I know a guy that knows a guy that can get the tires for the same cost as DT and will mount them.

The other solution costs a bit more is more local but again I know a guy that knows the manager of a chain tire shop that will do it also.

Top Bottom