Looking to buy front Dana 44

AcB-jk

Looking to buy someone's front Dana 44. As long as it's not bent I'm interested. Have 37's on the way and I'll be running my Dana 30 into the ground with them so I'm looking for a 44 so I can change it out when the 30 gives up.

Tanner505

Looking to buy someone's front Dana 44. As long as it's not bent I'm interested. Have 37's on the way and I'll be running my Dana 30 into the ground with them so I'm looking for a 44 so I can change it out when the 30 gives up.

I would personally recommend you get a pr44 over a stock d44, the stock d44 has the same diameter tubes and axle c's the pr44 will be alot beefier and will last longer

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
I would personally recommend you get a pr44 over a stock d44, the stock d44 has the same diameter tubes and axle c's the pr44 will be alot beefier and will last longer

Yup. Only difference between the 30 and 44 is the size of the housing. If you re gear while you still have the 30 it is a good idea to stay below 4:88 do that you dont detonate your pumpkin.

AcB-jk

P.s. The majority of breaks are the internals, not the housing.

I'm more worried about the bending. The internals I can swap out but I want to be able to play on the Dana 44 while I save for the pr 60. They should've never put a Dana 30 in a jeep to begin with. Not even for mall crawling

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
I'm more worried about the bending. The internals I can swap out but I want to be able to play on the Dana 44 while I save for the pr 60. They should've never put a Dana 30 in a jeep to begin with. Not even for mall crawling

I agree that they shouldn't have put the 30 on a JK but remember that the only difference between the d30 and the Rubicon 44 is the pumpkin size. The tubes are exactly the same and in reality it should be called a 44/30 hybrid. Youll bend the 44 tubes just as easily as the 30. Hence why Tanner was suggesting skipping the Rubicon 44 and saving for a PR.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer

The d44 housing isn't any stronger than the d30. That's if you're worried about bending the housing

AcB-jk

I'm just gonna save all my money pick up another job and work for the pr 44 or the 60. I just don't want to be up shits creek without a paddle you feel me? Better yet up shits creek without my jk when the 30 breaks

AcB-jk

I know there's a few Wayalifers in Virginia and was seeing if they wanted to get together some time and do a run.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
I know there's a few Wayalifers in Virginia and was seeing if they wanted to get together some time and do a run.

Im deffinetly down. Though in the middle of Feb my second kid is due. I really want to do a Potts mountain run now that I have 35s. I think that trail reopens on April 1st.

AcB-jk

Im deffinetly down. Though in the middle of Feb my second kid is due. I really want to do a Potts mountain run now that I have 35s. I think that trail reopens on April 1st.

That sounds good I'll put up a thread tomorrow about it and see who all wants to go. But congrats man on the kid and Potts mountain would be pretty cool run

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
That sounds good I'll put up a thread tomorrow about it and see who all wants to go. But congrats man on the kid and Potts mountain would be pretty cool run

Thank you very much. And Ill look out for it.

Top Bottom