Aftermarket sub and amp into stock sub with RCA adapter

cwmt3

Remote wires can be rigged much like aux lighting, battery to relay to switch. I have had a few shitty amps in the past, almost always the remote switch on with the amp will fail on me. So, I just made my own switches.

cwmt3

The amp is working I assume and the sub is not, perhaps it does lie within how you wired the rca adapter, or how you wired your one sub to the 2 signal output on your amp. If you had a factory sub and amp, what did you do with the factory amp under the seat?

Bryan__howell

I have moved the factory sub, but not the amp, if you pm me your email address, I'll send you a video of how I had everything set up! Thanks!

JRied

Check if your properly grounded, I had an issue with that. Everything was good but it just wouldn't work because of that, bare metal contact. I grounded my amp on the door latch (body side) by loosening the T-bolt and wrapping it around the bolt on the inside of your panel between the nut and the metal of your body. Here's a pic of what part I connected too, I just pulled the carpet up and ran the ground to this area ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1422327768.649220.jpg

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
I'm confused on a few things. What ohm rating is your new sub and amp? Sounds like to me the problem isn't the power, but its the input signal. If you're taking the wires for the factory sub (that are hooked into the factory amp) you're not going to get a good sound, and they are rated at 4ohm I believe. Put the video on the internet somewhere and PM me a link, I can look at it and see if I can help you narrow it down, but to me sounds like a signal issue. Have you considered a cleansweep or something to give you a better output from the factory--- or even better just going with an aftermarket headunit so you can bypass the factory crap all together?

JRied

I'm confused on a few things. What ohm rating is your new sub and amp? Sounds like to me the problem isn't the power, but its the input signal. If you're taking the wires for the factory sub (that are hooked into the factory amp) you're not going to get a good sound, and they are rated at 4ohm I believe. Put the video on the internet somewhere and PM me a link, I can look at it and see if I can help you narrow it down, but to me sounds like a signal issue. Have you considered a cleansweep or something to give you a better output from the factory--- or even better just going with an aftermarket headunit so you can bypass the factory crap all together?

He's on to something, running an amplified signal to your amp will cause issues. May have to tap into the speaker wire before they reach the amp and run a LOC (line out convertor) to your new amp. My jk didn't have premium sound so I ran the LOC from the speakers in my soundbar. I read that to do it in a premium sound jk you have to tap into the front speakers and not the soundbar.

Top Bottom