Gearing on 2013 JKU questions

Tigerpaw

I need some advice. I have a 2013 JKU Sport with a 2.5" lift and 35's. I need to get it regeared and I am looking for suggestions on what ratio? Also, when I am doing this, what else needs to be done at the same time? What locker suggestions... I would like electric lockers rather than air.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
4.88's are probably best. Locker in the rear, ARB would be my choice. Leave the front alone besides gears. There are a few threads on this same topic if you need more info.

seanb123

4.88 will work 5.13 will create a small pinion but still an option. I put 5.13 in mine with an eating elocker with 35s and I am very happy.

Tigerpaw

4.88 will work 5.13 will create a small pinion but still an option. I put 5.13 in mine with an eating elocker with 35s and I am very happy.

I've heard Eaton lockers are really good. What type of driving to you do? Highway or in town?

seanb123

I've heard Eaton lockers are really good. What type of driving to you do? Highway or in town?

I do a lot of both. Just did a 1000 mile trip few weeks ago and it is my daily. I've been happy with the locker never had and lock/unlock issues and I've completely dunked the rear axle while engaged no problems

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
4.88's are probably best. Locker in the rear, ARB would be my choice. Leave the front alone besides gears. There are a few threads on this same topic if you need more info.

OP- this^^^ 4.88's will work well with 35's and still be good for if you go to 37's. do the ARB in the rear but keep the front open and save some money for a new front axle like a pro rock 44.

op has a 2013 so 5.13's would be really deep with the new motor and 35's. if he already had 37's then yes i would agree that 5.13's would prob be the better option depending on how much he off-roads.

Tigerpaw

OP- this^^^ 4.88's will work well with 35's and still be good for if you go to 37's. do the ARB in the rear but keep the front open and save some money for a new front axle like a pro rock 44.

op has a 2013 so 5.13's would be really deep with the new motor and 35's. if he already had 37's then yes i would agree that 5.13's would prob be the better option depending on how much he off-roads.

I mostly drive around town but I mostly feel underpowered on the highway when pulling motorcycle trailer. Off road...but nothing too crazy right now.

Top Bottom