Hardtop or Trek top

Knuckles76

Thinking of switching to a trek top and getting rid of the hardtop, has anyone had problems or regrets with the trek top?

Red Knight15

Caught the Bug
Love my Trek Top, no leaks and fairly quite compared to my factory soft top. I would wait till it is warmer weather to install for first time unless you have a heated shop, it is really tight first time installing.

I have never owned a 4-door trek top but I know lots of guys that do and love it. We had a 2-door trek top and hated it. We ended up trading for a regular soft top. It was EXTREMELY tight and tough to put on. (To the point my wife was unable to do it on her own.)

If you are looking for a bikini type top they are great but I think they are more of a PITA for those wanting a "naked" top.

Napalm

Ive had a trek top, hard top, and regular soft top.

All great tops, I went back to the regular soft top for storage space and how easy it is to fully remove compared to the trek top. It's a Pain in the rear going completely topless in a trek top.

Fir-na-tine

Caught the Bug
I'll agree with the rest.....after nearly 15 months I have absolutely no complaints running my Trek Top.......I still have my hard top and will probably hold onto it for as long as I own my rig.

~Woodrow~

Knuckles76

I was wondering how difficult it was to go completely topless... but U love the look I think I will go ahead and make the switch😁 thanks

jeffj

Caught the Bug
All you guys running the trek tops, how do they compare with the stock soft tops. I like the looks of the trek tops better but, as far as function. Just wanted to get some input.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
All you guys running the trek tops, how do they compare with the stock soft tops. I like the looks of the trek tops better but, as far as function. Just wanted to get some input.

I really miss the bikini feature of it more than anything. :twocents:

Top Bottom