Hardtop or Trek top

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
All you guys running the trek tops, how do they compare with the stock soft tops. I like the looks of the trek tops better but, as far as function. Just wanted to get some input.

The Trektop NX is just like factory in that it comes with factory style door surrounds and even has a Sunrider. Where it's BETTER than stock is in the support bow and the fact that it can be converted to a safari top with ease. Where it isn't as good is in the amount of room you have to store stuff in the back. I should note that Bestop makes factory soft tops too.

BlackHawk08jk

What Eddie said, you do lose more storage space then you know you do, but you learn to live with it. I sold my hard top and just run the trektop year round. You also can't beat the fastback look either.

pastorwug

Switched from a hardtop when I bought the NX and have never looked back - even sold my hardtop, and was glad to.

lulu2533

I have a hard top and a trek top for my jku. Seriously considering selling both and getting a stock soft top. Can't make up my damn mind...ugh.

ClarksAdventures

I'm a total novice with soft tops. Is Bestop considered the standard or the best for soft tops? With the Trek Top being one of their better looking and higher quality line? I like the look of the trek top, but are there other brands to consider?

JKWrang

I'm a total novice with soft tops. Is Bestop considered the standard or the best for soft tops? With the Trek Top being one of their better looking and higher quality line? I like the look of the trek top, but are there other brands to consider?

If you see above,like eddie said - Bestop makes OEM tops. So yes - od say they are the standard

Is it easy to switch between the two different tops ? I would like to have the option of switching between the two.

Thanks

Takes me maybe a half hour. Hardest part is lifting the hard top unless you have a hoist system which I don't. I usually just take a few extra minutes and remove the rear glass so it isn't as awkward for me to lift.

Knuckles76

My hard top takes me 10 minutes to take off with my system I just hate the leak of my Freedom top plus love the trek look

Top Bottom