Talk me down off the ledge.

Bacon

Ok, so I'm a sucker for a good deal. I came across an '04 LJ for sale today. 4.0 auto, 178,000 kms, 4.5" lift, front and rear ARB'S, 4.88's, chromolys front (rear too I think?) 35's, rear bumper and tire carrier, front HD bumper with a Warn and rope, skids, flat fenders, currie hd steering...the list goes on. It is about an hour and a half away. The kicker? The asking price is only $10,000! Did I mention that it belongs to one of our local off road shops, has been meticulously maintained and rarely winter driven?

I've got an '08 JKUR 6 speed with a 3" Rancho lift, 35's, bumpers, warn winch, drag link flip....a few things. Rebuilt title and offroaded fairly regularly during it's life, but in pretty good condition. 93,000kms. I should able to sell it for around $20,000.

SO many thoughts going through my head on this one. Many of the trails we have in my area are quite tight, especially for a JKU. I've always wanted an LJ, and this one is awesome. THe price is awesome. I am regularly annoyed with gutlessness of my 3.8 -so much so that I've been running the numbers on a Ls swap a lot lately. I have two kids and I know I would miss the extra doors ( but our family hauler is my wife's V8 4Runner). I do love my Rubi. The LJ is silver--ewwww. I could come out of the deal about $10,000 up. But I would most likely just spend that on hookers and blow. Ok, not really, probably a truck, or something useless like landscaping or paving the driveway.

So, talk me down off the ledge. Tell me how much I would regret selling my Rubicon.....please.

Ok so here's my twisted logic.. It belongs to an offroad shop. That in itself can't be a good thing. It's likely been abused beyond measure and there has to be a reason other than the old standby of "we need the money" for selling it. The guys at the offroad shops I go to have a way of intentionally breaking stuff ( of their own so far, but there may have been that one time with a customer's Hummer. Lol)

Last edited:

Dropkickjacks

buy it buy it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, so I'm a sucker for a good deal. I came across an '04 LJ for sale today. 4.0 auto, 178,000 kms, 4.5" lift, front and rear ARB'S, 4.88's, chromolys front (rear too I think?) 35's, rear bumper and tire carrier, front HD bumper with a Warn and rope, skids, flat fenders, currie hd steering...the list goes on. It is about an hour and a half away. The kicker? The asking price is only $10,000! Did I mention that it belongs to one of our local off road shops, has been meticulously maintained and rarely winter driven?

I've got an '08 JKUR 6 speed with a 3" Rancho lift, 35's, bumpers, warn winch, drag link flip....a few things. Rebuilt title and offroaded fairly regularly during it's life, but in pretty good condition. 93,000kms. I should able to sell it for around $20,000.

SO many thoughts going through my head on this one. Many of the trails we have in my area are quite tight, especially for a JKU. I've always wanted an LJ, and this one is awesome. THe price is awesome. I am regularly annoyed with gutlessness of my 3.8 -so much so that I've been running the numbers on a Ls swap a lot lately. I have two kids and I know I would miss the extra doors ( but our family hauler is my wife's V8 4Runner). I do love my Rubi. The LJ is silver--ewwww. I could come out of the deal about $10,000 up. But I would most likely just spend that on hookers and blow. Ok, not really, probably a truck, or something useless like landscaping or paving the driveway.

So, talk me down off the ledge. Tell me how much I would regret selling my Rubicon.....please.
GO !BUY it!

David1tontj

Buy it... Even if it was driven hard- it's a good deal, and a rare jeep. And at least you know the work was all done by a shop! Haha

Bacon

Just found out that it hasn't always belonged to them. They bought it from a member of my club a while back. I hadn't seen it in a few years. I thought it looked familiar. This makes me want it even more...

That's a really good deal!! I wouldn't get rid of my JK for an LJ but if you can buy it and keep the JK......sorry that probably doesn't help lol.

K.D.C.H

Just found out that it hasn't always belonged to them. They bought it from a member of my club a while back. I hadn't seen it in a few years. I thought it looked familiar. This makes me want it even more...

Sounds like you've already made your decision. You're the one who has to drive it and your wants and need will be very different than anyone else's. Best thing is to do what you want and not what others think you should do.

Top Bottom