ROADSIDE AMERICA : Awesome Roadside Stops Along the Way!

Gadget

Caught the Bug
Found this in Lewisberg Kentucky: IMG_1477578594.118993.jpg . Made from spray foam insulation, there is supposed to be a waterfall made the same way on the premises but we didn't see it.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

RUBEERCON

The Blue Whale in Catoosa Oklahoma. Basically in the NE Tulsa area.
IMG_1480990005.052781.jpg

IMG_1480990016.850817.jpg

Creation

Hugh Davis built the Blue in the early 1970s as a surprise anniversary gift to his wife Zelta, who collected whale figurines.[1] The Blue Whale and its pond became a favored swimming hole for both locals and travelers along Route 66 alike.

Originally, the pond surrounding the massive Blue Whale was spring fed and intended only for family use. However, as many locals began to come to enjoy its waters, Davis brought in tons of sand, built picnic tables, hired life guards, and opened it to the public.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Gadget

Caught the Bug
The Blue Whale in Catoosa Oklahoma. Basically in the NE Tulsa area.
View attachment 233414

View attachment 233415

Creation

Hugh Davis built the Blue in the early 1970s as a surprise anniversary gift to his wife Zelta, who collected whale figurines.[1] The Blue Whale and its pond became a favored swimming hole for both locals and travelers along Route 66 alike.

Originally, the pond surrounding the massive Blue Whale was spring fed and intended only for family use. However, as many locals began to come to enjoy its waters, Davis brought in tons of sand, built picnic tables, hired life guards, and opened it to the public.

Parents took me there when I was a young'un.

Gadget

Caught the Bug
So thru no fault of my own I got "repurposed" the latest buzz word being used at my company, to cover in Dodge City. Being slow out here and getting bored I started looking to see what was out here, found a few things of interest: first is a couple of time zone sundials, one for central time: IMG_0962.JPG IMG_0961.JPG and the other for mountain time: IMG_0963.JPG IMG_0964.JPG and this shows how to read them: IMG_0965.JPG . Couldn't get far enough and high enough from them to get better pictures and the sun was going down.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom