Jeep parents?

PredaciousPanda

We've been rolling topless/doorless since they were infants. Sure people stare or even get the balls to say something (especially Prius drivers) but I just equate it to jealousy. My kids are now 3 & 6 and love it.

Jackal01

We've been rolling topless/doorless since they were infants. Sure people stare or even get the balls to say something (especially Prius drivers) but I just equate it to jealousy. My kids are now 3 & 6 and love it.

Hell, we get looks when we go doorless with our GSD in the back and he is on a leash just long enough for him to move around. I can imagine the stupid comments people make about you and your kids. :crazyeyes:

BlackHawk08jk

I'm not a parent yet but my nieces and nephews are between 4 and 10 and love to ride in mine.(I think it's the only reason they like me to visit lol) ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1424196858.078502.jpg

TheStick

I had an easier time going doorless when my daughter was in the full child seat. Now that she is in a booster and knows how to unbuckle herself, if makes me a little more nervous. Half doors are in my future :thumb:

Mjay

No kids for me yet, but my neice is 3 and she loves wheeling doorless, she's all about seeing the splashes and rock ledges beside her.

arm993

Had our daughters strapped into our old TJ with the top and doors off when the youngest was 2 and older one was 4. I never thought twice about it. Except for the trip to the lake one memorial day when I was an idiot. Checked the oil, put the hood down, and forgot to buckle the hood back down. 70mph on the highway and blind is no way to drive a Jeep. The kids were fine in the back but she got a new hood the next week:doh:

TheStick

Had our daughters strapped into our old TJ with the top and doors off when the youngest was 2 and older one was 4. I never thought twice about it. Except for the trip to the lake one memorial day when I was an idiot. Checked the oil, put the hood down, and forgot to buckle the hood back down. 70mph on the highway and blind is no way to drive a Jeep. The kids were fine in the back but she got a new hood the next week:doh:

It's actually quite a bit easier in a 2 door as the back seat isn't wide open like a 4 door is with them off.

Kumar

Back when I had my TJ the youngest was 2 and she absolutely loved riding topless. If I had a 4dr, I'd probably leave the rear doors on, or get half doors.

Edit: I just realized this was from 8 months ago. Resurrecting the dead I guess.

Last edited:

crowrb29

Anyone running 3 seats it the back on a semi regular basis. I probably wouldn't very often but we have another little Rugrat on the way. Mostly just for trails when the youngest gets a little older.

Clem319

Anyone running 3 seats it the back on a semi regular basis. I probably wouldn't very often but we have another little Rugrat on the way. Mostly just for trails when the youngest gets a little older.

Mine had 3 seats when I bought it. Looked like a simple install but doesn't leave you much room

J-crew

Our kids started early so now they pretend they are me and their mom.

Attachments

• 1447603485977.jpg
    1447603485977.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 112

2Cross

Caught the Bug

I run three most of the time. I call it my high clearance minivan. I like it a lot better with my RH 3rd row
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1448578300.094549.jpg
Pic of Rock Hard 3rd row cage

Scoop315

Caught the Bug
My 3 1/2 year old grandson loves the jeep, especiallywhenthetopisoff my wife is always worried about rock son the highway getting kicked up, or flying bugs making contact with him. One day, he and I are going to leave her at a gas station... :rock:

Top Bottom