MedixJK build thread

I have read you need shorter shock with these rock star skids . Will the blistein 5100 shocks work with the rock stars .
Yea, like Coz said, you do not NEED shorter shocks...you NEED to make sure that the ones you have will not bottim out before you reach full bump

Spot the problem....It looks like I may have made a huge oversight while installing my rock stars and Evo links...

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Lol right? I can't believe I didn't blow a line. Both sides are like that.

On my old '08 JK I think I removed the brake line relocation brackets and installed a set of longer Crown brake lines when I installed the Rockstar skids, because of the same problem. They lower that hard brake line too low, and the sway bar bolt can grab it and pull it down, just like your picture.

On my old '08 JK I think I removed the brake line relocation brackets and installed a set of longer Crown brake lines when I installed the Rockstar skids, because of the same problem. They lower that hard brake line too low, and the sway bar bolt can grab it and pull it down, just like your picture.
Definately need to change something cause this wont work for sure lol
Glad that you didn't. If you haven't seen it, here is an idea of how to route them differently.

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=25901

I think i had seen that....guess i shoulda looked closer. Hopefully they arent bent so bad that rebending them will break them.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Definately need to change something cause this wont work for sure lol

I think i had seen that....guess i shoulda looked closer. Hopefully they arent bent so bad that rebending them will break them.

If you do break them, the replacement hard line is only 20 or 30 from crown.

Which diff cover do i want to replace the factory d44 rear cover with? I totally assed mine up at WindRock. Im debating between the PS bombshell, and the Dynatrac. One looks to be double the price of the other...does it really matter?

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Which diff cover do i want to replace the factory d44 rear cover with? I totally assed mine up at WindRock. Im debating between the PS bombshell, and the Dynatrac. One looks to be double the price of the other...does it really matter?

I ran these on my '08 JK Rubi. Very heavy and held up great. Probably the cheapest you'll find out there at the moment. A diff cover is pretty much a diff cover if it's made out of something heavy like nodular iron. I'd go with what you think looks best and what makes your wallet happy.

http://solidaxle.com/ProductCart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=33&idcategory=7

Last edited:
I ran these on my '08 JK Rubi. Very heavy and held up great. Probably the cheapest you'll find out there at the moment.
thanks those look similar to the dynatracs. Im sure theyre all about the same. I just cant see giving almost a couple hundred bucks, when others are half the price. Unless its truely worth it...

Grubbicon

Check out the ruff stuff covers. Thats what I got for my tons and all I got to say is good luck having a problem. Only thing is they are just plain steel which u may or may not want.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Check out the ruff stuff covers. Thats what I got for my tons and all I got to say is good luck having a problem. Only thing is they are just plain steel which u may or may not want.

I had a ruff stuff cover for a project, it got stolen out of the project before I got it running. It was very heavy duty. [emoji106]

Ok help needed. So since i bent my rear brake tubes all to hell...i need to line up a set incase these break while trying to bend them back. Heres what i found, does this look like the right lines? Also, am i seeing it correct that the drivers side tube is all one piece?

Attachments

• 1456771336450.jpg
    1456771336450.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 172

swampdog

Ok help needed. So since i bent my rear brake tubes all to hell...i need to line up a set incase these break while trying to bend them back. Heres what i found, does this look like the right lines? Also, am i seeing it correct that the drivers side tube is all one piece?

That would appear to be right, but logically it makes no sense. How would you ship, store, and bring home a nearly 12' hard brake line? I'm not picking holes in your story, but it just seems incorrect that a hard line the length of the vehicle would be 1 piece.

Last edited:
Top Bottom