EVO Fascia And D-rings blocks... Looks awesome PITA

blackbettie

Finally got my Shipment today and did the install on the fascia and d ring blocks. Everything fit relatively well actually no issues with the blocks going in the frame rails at all (maybe because I flush cut them)... Idk.

Trying to line up the fascia + Dring block + tabbed bolt = need to be an octopus with extra hands... Or a set of vice grips a "persuasion" bar and some patience. 😄. Never the less super happy with the end result and kudos to Evolution Offroad on making a very well made product. Happy customer here! ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1424292155.942194.jpg

Now just waiting for my Genright tire carrier to arrive!!! 😁

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Looks great! I'll be adding the EVO gate plate as well here as soon as the rest of the parts come in. When I mounted the D rings and rear fascia I used vise grips and a magnet. Worked great.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Looks great!
I cussed for a few minutes when I did mine, then got the drill out and cheated with holes in the bottom to get my fingers in.

dchew

Caught the Bug
Looks good! Just ordered my bumper facia. Not looking forward to the finger dance to install it.

Dave

fablag

Thanks for the pic.... I'm about to order mine. I was contemplating cause I hadn't seen any good pics of the fascia.

I just wanted to share my experience. It was a huge pain at first because I tried to just wing it. Then I took my time to formulate a plan and everything went smoothly.

I took disposable chopsticks from takeout, cut them in half and taped the squared end to the flag nuts. It made a world of difference in handling the flag nuts from behind the rails.

I stuck double side tape to the large washers for the flag nuts to the inside frame rail.

I did not cut flush the frame rails flush, because the little lip of rail doesn't bother me.

Good luck with your installs. Anyone local that plans on installing, I'd be happy to come by and lend a hand. Or at least stand there watching while drinking a beer. Hahaha.

Attachments

• EvoMountsFascia.jpg
    EvoMountsFascia.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 376

JohnnyD

Very cool...looks good...

I am about to mount mine this am....

I flush mounted some rigids in it as well for better reverse vision and some rock lights...

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1426424512.541999.jpg

Colorado2003

Very nice. Just updating my front bumper with the Evo 1/4 pounder with stinger at the rear with the fascia. A guy ran a red light and nailed the front of my JKU. Now just completing the jeep with Evo parts!

blackbettie

Very cool...looks good...

I am about to mount mine this am....

I flush mounted some rigids in it as well for better reverse vision and some rock lights...

View attachment 130800

Looks great. That's a neat idea. I ended up putting a backup camera in the center of mine. With Two small kids and no way to see what's down low, it always bothered me. Not a problem anymore and it's very inconspicuous 😁.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1426531014.753686.jpg

JohnnyD

Yeah the cam is coming lol...same here lots of little ones running around in the neighborhood...

Btw way I mounted and looks good....the rigids are like....seriously bright ...like goddamn camera flash bright lol

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1426555594.685793.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1426555610.473809.jpg

...and yes I'm still waiting for my drings lol

JohnnyD

I saw a post somewhere on the net where some guy cut out his taillight lenses and mounted them there, but I thought that position to high for my needs....the SRM's are the same size as the white/clear portion for the reverse lights..

blackbettie

Yeah the cam is coming lol...same here lots of little ones running around in the neighborhood...

Btw way I mounted and looks good....the rigids are like....seriously bright ...like goddamn camera flash bright lol

View attachment 131271
View attachment 131272

...and yes I'm still waiting for my drings lol

Lmao those things are bright. Are they switched or Hooked to the reverse light wire for an on trigger. If not tailgating you wouldn't be a "bright" idea. Hah. I had rigid's on my raptor always got flashed.

JohnnyD

Yes both, switched and reverse.

I have to say the thought of fucking blinding some asshat who is tailgating me crossed my mind lol, but I digress ..would not be a smart move

Top Bottom