Brankz JKU

JK LYF

Primer and paint View attachment 128893
Oh yea and acetone to clean them up, I did not bother in sanding because I'm replacing the tires and rims pretty soon

Throw another picture up of the rims painted when u get a chance. Want to see how they look with the jeep. From the lay pic, it looks like they came out smooth. Good job.

Brankz

Throw another picture up of the rims painted when u get a chance. Want to see how they look with the jeep. From the lay pic, it looks like they came out smooth. Good job.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1425622181.109045.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1425622198.278175.jpg
I take better ones tomorrow in daylight, I know I need bigger tires so that's why I did not tape the tire lol

Last edited:

mattfl

Brankz, if you wanna bring your fenders back to a nicer looking black rather than the grey they are now may I suggest this

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KN0UOEE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Give em a good wash and then use this stuff liberally. Spray it on a rag, spray it right on the fender and just rub that shit in and it'll bring those fenders back to a nice black. Works on any of the plastic stuff in your jeep including the dash. One good coat of that on everything and it'll look brand new. Doesn't leave a greasy mess like armor all either. You might have to use quite a bit of it because the plastic is just going to soak it up, but keep applying until they are a nice shiney black again.

USMC Wrangler

Brankz, if you wanna bring your fenders back to a nicer looking black rather than the grey they are now may I suggest this

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KN0UOEE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I just ordered some of this for the fenders and interior. My neoprene center console cover is a nice burgundy color (started black) after one year of west Texas sun. Haven't used this yet, but I keep seeing this pop up everywhere for plastic and neoprene UV protection.

mattfl

I just ordered some of this for the fenders and interior. My neoprene center console cover is a nice burgundy color (started black) after one year of west Texas sun. Haven't used this yet, but I keep seeing this pop up everywhere for plastic and neoprene UV protection.

It is amazing, you'll love it. My interior has never looked better after using it, looks better than the day I got it from the dealership and keeps looking that way for longer than any other product I've used. It also took the mud stains out of the door sill pieces and seatbelt plastic pieces that have been on there for a few years, nothing else would take them completely off except this stuff.

It is amazing, you'll love it. My interior has never looked better after using it, looks better than the day I got it from the dealership and keeps looking that way for longer than any other product I've used. It also took the mud stains out of the door sill pieces and seatbelt plastic pieces that have been on there for a few years, nothing else would take them completely off except this stuff.

I agree! 303 is amazing. If you have a soft top that's turned brown gram this stuff and a soft bristle brush and it will bring it back. It may take some time but once it's there just keep it up and it will look new.

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
303 is awesome stuff! I've been using it routinely on my OEM fenders and all of the plastic trim like door handles, mirrors, etc. The stuff is a little pricey, but worth it!

USMC Wrangler

Lookin' good!

So, I should have ordered a case of 303? :D Can't wait to get it. Back to your regularly scheduled build thread! :thumb:

(Sorry for the hijack)

mattfl

Any auto parts store sell this or is it only Amazon? I must have some!

I've never seen it in autozone/pep boys...HOWEVER, one of its main uses is for marine applications, so if you have a marine supply store check there, otherwise, you should have amazon prime anyways and if you order today you can have it tomorrow! :)

Brankz

Buying the nx replacement top tomorrow but before blowing 350 bucks let's see if I can redneck fix the top lol

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1425697404.196532.jpg

I will use black epoxy, RTB and screwsto secure the top

Brankz

Got something on the mail today 😁
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1426032515.218259.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1426032526.230076.jpg
Funny cause I wasn't suppose to be at my house today, and when I go to the door I saw this 😬😬😬😘

big dr

I hope the A-Hole students who voted against proudly flying the American flag do get famous,, and spent the rest of their educated lives trying to find a job because every proud American business owner tells them to POUND SAND!!!!

Thx for posting their spoiled, ignorant little faces!

Brankz

BrankZ installing rockridge4wd tail lights

So james send me a pair of good condition tail lights that I will be installing in my new jku

I stripped the paint because I'm color matching my jk.

But today was a fail and this is why...

When I got the awesome lights
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1426469715.966121.jpg

When I stripped all the paint
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1426469742.629476.jpg

Ok for now is good but whats wrong? I know for painting the key point is time, light and temperature, like I always did but not today... Oh no!

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1426469810.761815.jpg

I primer it
Error 1. 3 layers of primer and I did not waited at least 7 minutes to let the primer seat properly

Error 2. God dam

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1426469895.390797.jpg

I did not waited for primer to dry properly and I did not shake the can good now you can see his bobbles in the paint.

I was thinking I can fix that so I waited 2 minutes and hit it again lol
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1426469963.641632.jpg
And horrible I can run like this in my beautiful jeep.....

Fail day tomorrow I have to buy a can of paint stripper and start fresh again,
What bugs me is that I know how to paint and I know the times that I have to wait the conditions in where I have to paint etc..... but for some reason I just painted like a 5 year old kid 😭🙈 oh well tomorrow is a new day and nothing that brankZ can't fix
I try to fix it tonight before I strip the paint again 👍🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

Top Bottom