2015 WAYALIFE Newbie Run / Camping Trip : March 7-8

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hopefully you guys will still be awake when I get there so I can have a shot! :yup:

We'll try to hang out as long as we can. :yup:

Quick question... Will we be camping close or far from ransford rd? I might have to leave very early Sunday morning and want to make sure I have enough time to get back to the main rd. I'll be heading to the OC. Do we have to double back though the trail from the campsite?

Have several spots in mind but unfortunately, I don't know where we will be setting up camp for sure. It'll depend on whether or now what we want is already taken. Having said that, none of them are really that far from pavement.

Super bummed.
Won't be able to make it on this run. Wife got called out of town for work.

What?? Oh man, that totally sucks. :grayno:

Hey guys,

Does anyone have a SWR Meter that is going on this trip that they can bring? I would be glad to pay anyone for the help since I was going to go to a truck stop anyways to get my CB tune.

Hmmmm, I might still have one. Let me dig around and see.

JeepFan

Hooked
Hey guys,

Does anyone have a SWR Meter that is going on this trip that they can bring? I would be glad to pay anyone for the help since I was going to go to a truck stop anyways to get my CB tune.

I have one I can bring! :yup:

oscar.maur

Unfortunately I am unable to go now. Wife's grandmother passed and they are having service Sat. Have a great time Wayalife Jeepers!

Crawler Kitty

Doesn't look the the weather could be any better for this trip.

View attachment 128769

Very nice! Enjoy Guys and Gals! This was my first WAL run on my almost stock JK with Panda following me. We had a great time, everyone was so helpful and kind, I loved the camaraderie. My avatar is a picture that was taken that day, this was one of my favorite runs! I'll never forget getting to the top of Graduate Hill with the whole group cheering me on! You guys and gals are going to have a wonderful adventure! Can't wait to see the pics and hear your stories!

Strainger

Caught the Bug
I had a plan. It looked like it was going to happen. Everyone was enthusiastic.

I was really looking forward to getting Number-2 stepson out on the trail for some fun Jeep experience. He has only had his Jeep on Cleghorn once in the two years he has had his Jeep. I was also hoping to get my bestest friend (wifey) to commit to driving my Jeep for the same reason. Maybe even get Number-1 stepson out as well. He hasn't had his YJ trail dirty in since forever. :D

Not going to happen. Wife just got back from vacation in Hawaii with her cousin Connie and says she needs to take a couple of days to unwind (LOL)? Number-3 stepson pressured the other stepsons into a major clean up of their recently deceased father's house so they can put it on the market. Best laid plans of mice, etc. :doh:

Oh well. I will be having a cold beer while thinking of you all. This is a fun trail and one the new Jeepers will find to their liking. :thumb: :beer:

p.s. Regarding the earlier post mentioning graduation hill; It was night time when I did the hill and I was told to turn off my headlights and charge on up the hill blacked out so I wouldn't hesitate. It worked and I didn't have second thoughts until the second beer that night at camp. :hmm: Was it you, Eddie, that put me up that ? :idontknow:

doojer

I'm just saying..... it snowed pretty much every day in Syracuse, New York when I was a young collegiate and us kids did not miss one damn day of school! Not one damn day I tell ya!

Texas gets a couple inches and you'd think there was a nuclear attack. :rolleyes2:

jeff_in_rc

I'm just saying..... it snowed pretty much every day in Syracuse, New York when I was a young collegiate and us kids did not miss one damn day of school! Not one damn day I tell ya!

Texas gets a couple inches and you'd think there was a nuclear attack. :rolleyes2:

Yea but I bet when you were in NY they knew how to drive in the snow, Texans not so much! Lived in Carrollton for a few years and it was bad enough when it was dry but when it snowed it was downright scary!

Top Bottom