Wrangler mt/r kevlar???????

I should note that I used to be a fan of their old MT's and would still recommend them today if they were still made. I also recommend Duratracs all the times so this isn't a me not liking Goodyear thing.

I've never taken your comments as such. Funny thing is I am generally not a fan of Goodyear but happened on my MTRs by circumstance. We now have a set of Duratracs as well and like them even more (Wife's Jeep).

Now, as mentioned earlier... Balancing the MTRs proved to only be effective when done on a Road Force balancer. A tool that is not as easy when mounting on bead locks. Since my next wheels will be bead locks, I will likely go with another tire that has more consistent balancing.

LoPo

Caught the Bug
I've run the Toyo MT'S, MTR w/Kevlar, and Nitto Trail Grapplers on my JK... the MTR's were horrendous on road and my side walls slashed in Johnson Valley at KOH when I wasn't really even pushing them and doing any wheeling thanks to a teraflex bracket break. I've run BFG MT'S and other tires on previous rigs and would rate the MTR's dead last and Toyo's or Nittos the best.

JohnnyD

Thought I would post back...

Finally got the time to have the mtrk's road force balanced. At the same time I had them install hub centric rings as well. I'm running atx 181's

BIG difference. No shimmies through 80 mph. I'm pretty the balancing did it and not the rings but the rings make feel like I did all I could...

Each wheel looks to have roughly half the weight that was originally put on though it is still a substantial amount.

Took the front down to 27 psi with rears at 25

I am satisfied with the ride on road.

I did have a chance to play in the snow and have to say they were phenomenal , plowed through 18" no problem

Just have to wait and see on the rocks and in the mud, but hey spring only a few weeks away right??(as we r getting another 6" tonight....lol)

Top Bottom