Coppering Cove, (Jasper) TN 21 Mar

Kendawg198

Go there alot. Great place to ride. I would love to go but my daughter has a 2 day volleyball tournament in Chattanooga that weekend. I'm planning on going the next weekend the 28th if anyone is interested.

JSTJPN

Go there alot. Great place to ride. I would love to go but my daughter has a 2 day volleyball tournament in Chattanooga that weekend. I'm planning on going the next weekend the 28th if anyone is interested.

Man that sucks. I am out of town on the 28th. Since you have been there, could you send me the start point and a good place for us to meet up? I have never been there and am about 3.5 hrs away.

Kendawg198

I always go in from the bottom ride to the top and loop back around to the bottom. I like to go out the bottom because you cross the creeks and it washes the bottom of your jeep off.

If you take I-24 west and cross over Nickajack river the next exit is a Loves truck stop. That would be a good place to meet. From there get back on I-24 and go west to the next exit (hwy28). Get off there and turn right onto hwy 28. Go to the next exit which is a couple of miles and get off there. Turn right go back under 28. Then I thick it is the 2nd or 3rd red light. Turn right at the red light (hwy 41). Once on 41 go about 4 miles or so and look for a road name Coppinger Cove. There will also be a sign for Coppinger cove church. Turn left there and you will run right into it.

Kendawg198

If you got a 2 inch lift or more then you'll be fine long has it doesn't rain a couple days before you go. Those creeks can get deep.

JSTJPN

I run a 3.5 lift with 35's and don't have any problems.

Gotcha. We only have a few going but i think we all should be g2g.

Let me know the next time you guys run the trails. I would like to join in and meet other jeepers.

Btw, nice ride. 👍

Kendawg198

We're going up this Sunday for quick trip. Going to take my 2 daughters up and show them the waterfall. We're going to enter from the top and come out at the bottom. Probably a 3 or so hour trip. I'm calling it a family trip. Lol
We got 4 or 5 jeeps going.

JSTJPN

We're going up this Sunday for quick trip. Going to take my 2 daughters up and show them the waterfall. We're going to enter from the top and come out at the bottom. Probably a 3 or so hour trip. I'm calling it a family trip. Lol
We got 4 or 5 jeeps going.

Well crap. Uncle Sam has me this weekend.

JSTJPN

I always go in from the bottom ride to the top and loop back around to the bottom. I like to go out the bottom because you cross the creeks and it washes the bottom of your jeep off.

If you take I-24 west and cross over Nickajack river the next exit is a Loves truck stop. That would be a good place to meet. From there get back on I-24 and go west to the next exit (hwy28). Get off there and turn right onto hwy 28. Go to the next exit which is a couple of miles and get off there. Turn right go back under 28. Then I thick it is the 2nd or 3rd red light. Turn right at the red light (hwy 41). Once on 41 go about 4 miles or so and look for a road name Coppinger Cove. There will also be a sign for Coppinger cove church. Turn left there and you will run right into it.

How long does it usually take to run the trail this way? Want to make sure we dont try to navigate in the dark on unknown trails.

Kendawg198

When you cross the big river part the trail will fork. Stay to the right and that will lead you past the waterfall. Then you will head up the mountain. You'll come out on a paved road. Turn right and that will lead you back out to the main road hwy 108. According to what time it is. You can turn right on 108 and that will take you back to 28. Or you can turn back around and go back out the way you came. Or (3rd) option. You can turn left on 108 and drive about 6 or 7 miles and turn left beside an old gray building and that will loop you back around to the bottom. But it is about a 5 hr loop from there.

Kendawg198

I usually tell people to just turn around and go back the way they came in. Maybe we can get together and I'll take you on the loop.

Top Bottom