The italian JKU

Guascone

This shocks can be assembled in both configurations...
Also I prefer the upside down configuration but I should have modify the upper shock link or use a bracket...for easy mount I decide to apply this configuration.

Guascone

Today the winch arrived ...:)

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1429039533.432046.jpg

Anyone has some installing suggestions?
The wire kit includes 25mmq cables ...in my opinion it could be usefull to increase the wire diameter about 45mmq. I'd like to buy 70 mmq cable...the motor current is 335 amps.
Do you agree?

Guascone

Well…on my rig I changed bumpers, shocks, coil springs and I have reallocated the rear track bar. I increased the wheels and added a winch…now what I should change?
The front track bar? The arms? The flares?...?
Have you suggestion?

JeepJeep75

Jeep is looking great. Next step you say? Go beat up the under-side of that jeep!! I love the color too! [emoji106][emoji106]

Guascone

Thanks!
speaking about the under-side, what are you thinking about?
Control arms and trackbar or something different?

I was thinking to change/cut the fenders and change the wheels with beadlock...but I'm open to suggestions [emoji3]

Guascone

Replaced the fake PSC sliders ( sold me as original from a vendor....)with EVO sliders and skins and changed the 33" tires with 35

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1460228002.565576.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1460228049.037490.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1460228082.472240.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1460228102.082332.jpg

Ddays

Hooked
Looking good! How did you end up attaching your sliders? I seem to remember a thread where you said it's illegal to weld to the frame there?

Guascone

Looking good! How did you end up attaching your sliders? I seem to remember a thread where you said it's illegal to weld to the frame there?

Thanks!

For the slider I made a mix...I have welded some flanges and bolted the sliders.
The flange are almost invisible but enought robust to bolt on the slider...
It is still not completly legal but at the same time is it not visible...

I decided to try...in case of failure I have always the possibility to come back and weld the sliders directly to the frame.

Guascone

Hi, I need some suggestions…I would like to go on building my JKU but I’m confused about the next step.

What do you suggest? In my dream I’d like to buy 5 beadlock wheels but I think that there are some steps before in order to complete my rig .

Up to now I have:

Armor:
Front and rear bumper
Evo rock sliders and rock skins

Suspension:
2.5 coils
11” travel shocks
Rear relocator track bar

Wheel:
1.5” wheels spacers
35”tires
Ten factory rear axel shaft

Recovery:
9.5 Winch

Should I have to complete the suspension (trackbar, arms kit, driver shafts…)?

I’ll be grateful for your suggestion!

Last edited:
Top Bottom