Need good Jeep mechanic in Socal

ACEsJK

Bought my WJ about 4 months ago, it had 89k miles for $3k . but it Has idling issues, somtimes really high, sometimes to low. I have replaced some fuel injectors because it was running super rich. Still puts out black smoke out of the exhaust when i get on it. Temp guage runs about 160 degrees. I have already replaced thermostat with a factory one, didnt change. Trans sometimes jumps abd shifts / downshifts hard. Already replaced the trans oil and filters. Just need someone to fully look at it thats knows them pretty well and fix whats wrong so i stop just putting money into it. Its give me 4 codes. Small and large evap leak, runs to cold to long and i cant remember the last 1.

Sent from my LG-D959 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Tanner505

Bought my WJ about 4 months ago, it had 89k miles for $3k . but it Has idling issues, somtimes really high, sometimes to low. I have replaced some fuel injectors because it was running super rich. Still puts out black smoke out of the exhaust when i get on it. Temp guage runs about 160 degrees. I have already replaced thermostat with a factory one, didnt change. Trans sometimes jumps abd shifts / downshifts hard. Already replaced the trans oil and filters. Just need someone to fully look at it thats knows them pretty well and fix whats wrong so i stop just putting money into it. Its give me 4 codes. Small and large evap leak, runs to cold to long and i cant remember the last 1.

Is it a 4.7 or a 4.0

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Bump any advice, need some guidance

Call Brothers 4x4 in Montclair. They are full service and have good mechanics. They can at least diagnose for you and they are right on budget.

Alex909

Call Brothers 4x4 in Montclair. They are full service and have good mechanics. They can at least diagnose for you and they are right on budget.

X2 on brothers4x4.

Give 4west a call in colton. They are also decent on prices.

Tanner505

Its a 4.7 non HO

Have you cleaned the throttle body yet and have you check if the throttle position sensor is still good and clean the idle air control sensor that's on the throttle body, they get build up on them and can cause rough idle

ACEsJK

Ill give them a call. I forgot about them.

X2 on brothers4x4.

Give 4west a call in colton. They are also decent on prices.

Does 4 west do diagnostics or just sell parts?

Have you cleaned the throttle body yet and have you check if the throttle position sensor is still good and clean the idle air control sensor that's on the throttle body, they get build up on them and can cause rough idle

That was the next thing coming to mind. Would a simple cleaning do the job, or most of the time just replacing it is the answer?

Tanner505

Ill give them a call. I forgot about them.

Does 4 west do diagnostics or just sell parts?

That was the next thing coming to mind. Would a simple cleaning do the job, or most of the time just replacing it is the answer?

I would take the throttle body off and clean it really good and clean the sensors as well, then if the issue is there take it in the 4.7 are a pretty easy motor to work on :)

Top Bottom