Starting my build

tom82jeep

OK I have a 2010 Sahara 4 door I suppose the goal is to be able to use 37in tires to there full potential but I'll have to do it in steps. It's that money issue as in I don't have any lol. I thought a good starting point might be a 3.5in suspension lift. I found the mammoth lift on extreme terrain and it's on sale for $450. I think it's a good price. Some questions tho. If I go this route can I still fit 37s with flat fenders and with this lift could I add on a long arm kit down the road. Note I don't plan on running 37s till later. So if anyone can help me with some info I'd appreciate it.

tom82jeep

The tire questions was silly but I can buy adj control arms and still cheaper than any any kit I've seen u guess I was wondering more than anything is if any has used mammoth and what they would say about it. I know u get what u pay for but I'm broke with a big shopping list

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
The tire questions was silly but I can buy adj control arms and still cheaper than any any kit I've seen u guess I was wondering more than anything is if any has used mammoth and what they would say about it. I know u get what u pay for but I'm broke with a big shopping list

And when you start running shitty products you'll be even more broke with an even bigger shopping list.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Best advice I can give is to buy quality parts. Buy once, cry once. There's no rush building up a jeep.

K.D.C.H

There's a lot of great info on here about all this stuff. I'm in the middle of my build and all I can say is figure out what you REALLY want and just save up for it. The last thing you want to do is buy a budget low grade part just to have something ok your Jeep. Crap parts because in the long run you'll end up spending more. Do it once and do it right.

tom82jeep

I'm sorry guys maybe I'm just a bit thick. I guess what I should of asked from the get go is. dose anyone know anything about mammoth products and there quality?

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I'm sorry guys maybe I'm just a bit thick. I guess what I should of asked from the get go is. dose anyone know anything about mammoth products and there quality?

I looked at it, uses cam bolts for caster correction, not the best looking rear track bar and skyjacker shocks are poor quality. It's your jeep and money.

tom82jeep

So what are some names that are worthy cuz I know from hard experience that a price tag dose not determine quality

Tanner505

Stay away from this lift my friend bought it and had me install it for him and it truly sucks, incomplete and rides extremely rough

gleno99

So what are some names that are worthy cuz I know from hard experience that a price tag dose not determine quality

Rancho makes a good relatively inexpensive lift.

Edit: Earlier you asked about a 3.5" lift running 37's. I run 37's with a 3" lift with flat fenders.

Last edited:

tom82jeep

I appreciate the help and I'll heed the warnings no mammoth so I go to look at rancho if anyone else has some names I'd be glad to hear them

Top Bottom