New License Plate Bracket & Vandalism

tonytony9

So, another act of vandalism on my jk...

This time it was the license plate bracket being (I am assuming) kicked or pulled off. Cracked the bracket and they bent my license plate in half. So people are honestly just such scum.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1424913812.743617.jpg

Luckily a local fire department outside my school loaned me some zip ties and I was able to tie the bracket up so it wouldn't fall off on my 30 minute drive back home. But, had to risk not driving with a plate...

So, the bracket is totaled and I am going to need a new one. I really like the ones that go on the spare, but does anyone know of any which also have a light to make it street legal. Also, that fits a stock tire holder.

Or does anyone have an extra bracket they aren't using and would like to donate or sell? Would really appreciate it.

Thanks guys!

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
I think I still have my rock hard relocation bracket if you want it. Ill take a look in the morning and if i can it its yours for the price of shipping.

trailless

Caught the Bug
Did that fit the stock tire carrier and wheel? I guess I don't know why it wouldn't

I have the same one and it works great. Also, I believe you can get the light separately. Its easy to hook up, only takes about 1 hour and some soldering.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

catahoula

Caught the Bug
GCM2 did something real sweet with his plates. He used one off an older model. I'll have to look for some pics.

Found it!

evo jeep.jpg

Last edited:

VScott

Looking at the Rock Hard relo kit with the ORO light. I have a Barricade bumper and tire carrier. I plan on drilling holes in the carrier arm, hiding the wires inside the carrier and then back to the original license plate harness. Is the ORO harness long enough?

tonytony9

Looking at the Rock Hard relo kit with the ORO light. I have a Barricade bumper and tire carrier. I plan on drilling holes in the carrier arm, hiding the wires inside the carrier and then back to the original license plate harness. Is the ORO harness long enough?

Don't know but I am planning on doing something similar with the stock tire carrier

StrizzyChris

I think I still have my stock rear lic plate bracket somewhere. If you want to go with a stock bracket again, let me know and Ill see if I can find it and it's yours.

JRied

I drilled into my Smittybilt atlas carrier and ran the oro from the plate, thru the carrier, down to its hinge, and into the cab. It's not long enough to reach back to the original license plate harness tho. You could run wires between the two harnesses or tap into your 3rd brake light and passenger rear

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
So, another act of vandalism on my jk...

This time it was the license plate bracket being (I am assuming) kicked or pulled off. Cracked the bracket and they bent my license plate in half. So people are honestly just such scum.

Luckily a local fire department outside my school loaned me some zip ties and I was able to tie the bracket up so it wouldn't fall off on my 30 minute drive back home. But, had to risk not driving with a plate...

So, the bracket is totaled and I am going to need a new one. I really like the ones that go on the spare, but does anyone know of any which also have a light to make it street legal. Also, that fits a stock tire holder.

Or does anyone have an extra bracket they aren't using and would like to donate or sell? Would really appreciate it.

Thanks guys!
i have a bracket you can have if you would like?

Top Bottom