Day Trip to the Rubicon - April 4th

K.D.C.H

Is it bad that I've already started packing a few things in the Jeep for this trip? :) :)

I haven't had a chance to pack yet. I'm doing my usual last minute changes. Just installed the Powerplant winch yesterday and Monday I'm taking it in to be re-geared. Going from the stock 3:21 to 4:88's.

Still need to install the front driveline, skids and weld on the front and rear control arm skids then I should be all good. Can't wait to get out there.

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
You are gonna love the new gears! 3.21s with 35s to 4.88s is going to be a great jump!

Looking forward to the trip!

K.D.C.H

You are gonna love the new gears! 3.21s with 35s to 4.88s is going to be a great jump!

Looking forward to the trip!

Yea that's what I'm hoping for. Right now it's a pig going uphill. I'm sure I'll need something else before we head out though :D

So I'm trying to gauge when everyone thinks they will be at loon lake on Friday if you're camping and what time you would like to start on Saturday.

My guess is I will be on the trail scoping out camp spots early land would like to know how many and when to meet people at loon that afternoon/evening.

My hope is to start night wheeling about 9pm so we aren't out all night *cough cough* :cheesy: and guess most people would want to have camp set up before that.

If you can comment or PM me if you're camping 1/2 nights and when you're expecting to arrive I'll start compiling the first post with info. Also we are planning on hiding Easter eggs Saturday night / Sunday morning for any kiddos that will be there. If you're going to have little ones include that info as well. Thanks everyone :thumb:

bkac

Caught the Bug
I haven't had a chance to pack yet. I'm doing my usual last minute changes. Just installed the Powerplant winch yesterday and Monday I'm taking it in to be re-geared. Going from the stock 3:21 to 4:88's.

Still need to install the front driveline, skids and weld on the front and rear control arm skids then I should be all good. Can't wait to get out there.

You'll be ok without control arm skids if time gets tight! :thumbup:

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
I am thinking I'll be up at Loon around 3-4 on Friday. Camping just Friday night and headed back home Saturday night.

There is a slight chance I'll just come up Saturday morning, but things are looking really good for Friday.

Thanks again for organizing everything and let me know what I can bring! :)

Recently bought a JKU Rubicon and my wife and I LOVE the adventures we have been on. I had a couple of Jeeps in the past when I was young, but only now understand how having a Jeep is a WAY OF LIFE! I dont see myself EVER not having at least on Jeep!

I'll be there when I show up. Lol. No idea when yet. I will be there for night wheeling though.

K.D.C.H

So I'm trying to gauge when everyone thinks they will be at loon lake on Friday if you're camping and what time you would like to start on Saturday.

My guess is I will be on the trail scoping out camp spots early land would like to know how many and when to meet people at loon that afternoon/evening.

My hope is to start night wheeling about 9pm so we aren't out all night *cough cough* :cheesy: and guess most people would want to have camp set up before that.

If you can comment or PM me if you're camping 1/2 nights and when you're expecting to arrive I'll start compiling the first post with info. Also we are planning on hiding Easter eggs Saturday night / Sunday morning for any kiddos that will be there. If you're going to have little ones include that info as well. Thanks everyone :thumb:

We will be heading up Friday afternoon with Panda and Kitty as soon as he gets off work. Not sure what time that is but as soon as we know that will give us a better idea what time we'd arrive up there.

We will just be there Friday night and all day Saturday. It will be my wife and I with our 3 year old son Cameron

Mrs.2013rubirick

Probably around 6-7. Depends on when i get off work. I will try and leave early, but we all know how that normally pans out..... :-\

Top Bottom