Trail essentials- What tools to Carry Offroad

303DAILY

I'm currently building this as well. I would really like it if someone has pictures of what they have done to minimize the foot print inside the jeep. I want to build a deck but the sub always makes me crazy when planning what to do with it.

WJCO

Meme King
I'm currently building this as well. I would really like it if someone has pictures of what they have done to minimize the foot print inside the jeep. I want to build a deck but the sub always makes me crazy when planning what to do with it.

Obviously to minimize the footprint, you have to go vertical. You'll have to be creative in maximizing space. There is a ton of options. Lots of guys on here have done some sweet custom builds. Check out the "Show off your deck" thread.

303DAILY

Obviously to minimize the footprint, you have to go vertical. You'll have to be creative in maximizing space. There is a ton of options. Lots of guys on here have done some sweet custom builds. Check out the "Show off your deck" thread.

Thanks, I just found that and was reading through that thread. A lot of good ideas there. I guess I will just have to get creative to find out what works best.

WJCO

Meme King
Thanks, I just found that and was reading through that thread. A lot of good ideas there. I guess I will just have to get creative to find out what works best.

I have some pics in my build thread on how I did, but way different than a JK.

Pyro1415

A lot of the items on the list can be taken off with proper maintenance and a pre run inspection though. Like hoses and belts. Plus dif fluid if you extend breathers and run aftermarket covers.

72dozer

Just reading through old threads something that most people Don't think about but I try to alway have is a brake line block off I run an-3 lines so I keep
One of these incase a caliper locks down

IMG_0215.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Trail breaks..... be prepared!

At some point all of us will end up breaking something on the trail. It could be a real pain in the butt if you don't have the necessary tools to get you up and running and back home.
Here's a few things I bring with me every time I go wheeling:
- impact wrench
- impact socket set metric/inch
- set of box wrenches metric/inch
- specialty sockets (36mm,)
- breaker bar
- torque wrench
- pry bar
- tow straps
- ratchet straps
- flammable spray (re-seating the bead)
- bottle of coolant
- wd40/ penetrant
- gloves
- serpentine belt ( on my next rip)

To all you veterans out there. What else should I have with me as far as tools and spare parts?
What would be most likely to break on while out playing?

WJCO

Meme King
At some point all of us will end up breaking something on the trail. It could be a real pain in the butt if you don't have the necessary tools to get you up and running and back home.
Here's a few things I bring with me every time I go wheeling:
- impact wrench
- impact socket set metric/inch
- set of box wrenches metric/inch
- specialty sockets (36mm,)
- breaker bar
- torque wrench
- pry bar
- tow straps
- ratchet straps
- flammable spray (re-seating the bead)
- bottle of coolant
- wd40/ penetrant
- gloves
- serpentine belt ( on my next rip)

To all you veterans out there. What else should I have with me as far as tools and spare parts?
What would be most likely to break on while out playing?

We have a ton of threads on this subject. I just merged 4 main ones together and moved your post here. I'm sure I missed others as well.

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
For those that carry fluid, what dry box are you using? Trying to find a good size that will fit 6qts plus some other small bottles but haven't found a great solution yet. Tried a few ammo cans and none have fit well.

WJCO

Meme King
For those that carry fluid, what dry box are you using? Trying to find a good size that will fit 6qts plus some other small bottles but haven't found a great solution yet. Tried a few ammo cans and none have fit well.

Just started using this so hard to say how it will hold up, but I got a plastic stacker from Walmart. Holds 5 qts engine oil, 4 quarts of ATF4, 3 quarts of gear oil, 1 quart of ps fluid, 1 qt brake fluid. I've used it on 2 runs, just made sure it was secured down well with softer stuff packed around it. Seems to store well for it's size IMO.

DSC04796.jpg

DSC04797.jpg

DSC04798.jpg

DSC04799.jpg

DSC04800.jpg

DSC04801.jpg

Top Bottom