Winch HELP!!

WJCO

Meme King
Sorry to bump this old thread up but anyone out there still considering a cheap winch, or worse yet, not having one, read this post and take a look at the $48k towing bill post in the Pub.

There's probably several lessons to be learned there but I bet he could have gotten himself pulled out with some help from a buddy with a winch. Assuming he had one himself...

Agreed. A winch is something you definitely want to work correctly and safely every time.

Ddays

Hooked
Agreed. A winch is something you definitely want to work correctly and safely every time.

Yessir! And make sure you even have one! If you play in the mud you can guarantee yourself that you'll get stuck and it will more than likely be in the worst spot possible!

PrestonBarringer

Hey guys I have a smittybilt stinger front bumper and just bought my first winch and the winch takes up the whole bumper no room for the rollers and I'm against the sway bar. Any winch plates that are bolt on that would lift my winch above the bar or any better ideas? It on a 2002 TJ.

WJCO

Meme King
Hey guys I have a smittybilt stinger front bumper and just bought my first winch and the winch takes up the whole bumper no room for the rollers and I'm against the sway bar. Any winch plates that are bolt on that would lift my winch above the bar or any better ideas? It on a 2002 TJ.

Welcome to WAL. Do you have any pics? I bet a steel shop could cut you a plate and you could drill out the holes on it.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I can't speak for anyone else but, I wouldn't trust my wife to do this with anything less than a WARN winch.

And for those of you who've never been to Carnage Canyon BV before, the camera DOES NOT do the steepness of this last climb justice or just how far you will tumble if something went wrong.

So, Eddie, I've decided on Warn, myself. Is 8000 enough for a 2 door, or would you go with 10,000? There is only about $100 difference in the two in a Zeon.

So, Eddie, I've decided on Warn, myself. Is 8000 enough for a 2 door, or would you go with 10,000? There is only about $100 difference in the two in a Zeon.

8k is plenty for a 2 door. And a 4 door for that matter. You can always add a snatch block if you were in a really bad spot.

TennJK

I have an 8500 lb on my 4 door and have never had a problem. I saved and got a synthetic line instead of more weight

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug

Not saying that 8000 is enough but for $100 more I would get the 10k one if I had the money. Overkill will never leave you stranded.

Definitely get a snatch block though no matter what you get. They are great to have no matter what.

Top Bottom