Regear cost??

Ah2014jk

Man do I wish I lived in the states for price reasons !! The average price around this part of Canada is 2100$$$$

Can't even imagine being able to spend 999 for parts and labour.

Peak

ORE did my gears, gussets, and I got the procal for a little over $1500 out the door.

Sessoms14X

We do them at $999 out the door as well. Takes a day. Drop off in the morning, hit up Coors for the tour, come back and get a regeared jeep!

When I regear my jeep I'm gonna be heading to you guys from Iowa. I don't trust any shop around my hometown to do it!

yoyoyeo02

So, is $3000 too much for 4.88 gears front and rear and an Eaton in the rear? All parts and labor included in this price?

YoYo

yoyoyeo02

Have seen it for as low as about $960. This is through a fellow forum members recommendation at Jack-It SLC. Which, 4wheelparts was same, Fat Bobs was more.

YoYo

Rccrwlr

I got a price in Sac of $1575 for 4:88 in the Rubi 44's But that still seems to high knowing ORE has it for less than $1k

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I got a price in Sac of $1575 for 4:88 in the Rubi 44's But that still seems to high knowing ORE has it for less than $1k

By the time you drive down and back and get a hotel room it would be the same price. Show them the ore rate and see if they'll come down a little. If they knock $200 off you're still better off.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
So, is $3000 too much for 4.88 gears front and rear and an Eaton in the rear? All parts and labor included in this price?

YoYo

Yes it's high. I paid $2100ish for 5.13's and an Arb in the rear. I would shop around more if I were you

Rccrwlr

By the time you drive down and back and get a hotel room it would be the same price. Show them the ore rate and see if they'll come down a little. If they knock $200 off you're still better off.

That was the plan. Don't know if they would price match another shop so far away but can hurt to ask.

Havoc40

Been looking into this myself as I'm moving up to 37's. I typically do all my own gear installs, but don't have the time/space at the moment.

No hilly roads around here, and don't have any plans to move up to 40's so I'm going with 4.88 gears. Best shop local to me is DTS, and they want $1,050-$1,100.

My question is what brand are most of you guys running? I've always ran Yukon and Randy's R&P in the hot rods I've built. DTS said they're all basically coming from overseas these days, and they've had the best luck with CHA gears.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Been looking into this myself as I'm moving up to 37's. I typically do all my own gear installs, but don't have the time/space at the moment.

No hilly roads around here, and don't have any plans to move up to 40's so I'm going with 4.88 gears. Best shop local to me is DTS, and they want $1,050-$1,100.

My question is what brand are most of you guys running? I've always ran Yukon and Randy's R&P in the hot rods I've built. DTS said they're all basically coming from overseas these days, and they've had the best luck with CHA gears.

The shop is correct. They are all made by the same shop in Korea and just stuck in different boxes by Yukon and g2 and such. Just go with whatever gear they have in stock at that price you listed as it's very comparable to the price ore offers.

Havoc40

The shop is correct. They are all made by the same shop in Korea and just stuck in different boxes by Yukon and g2 and such. Just go with whatever gear they have in stock at that price you listed as it's very comparable to the price ore offers.

They had a large selection of brands in-stock. The CHA gears, which is what was quoted, were $165/axle. Yukon gears were $275/axle. I'm going with the CHA gears...DTS has never steered me wrong.

Now if I would just hit the lotto! Between my 2 cars...my house isn't going to get near the attention that I had planned for this spring/summer. I've spent way too much money this quarter on my Jeep :eek:

yoyoyeo02

Have been shopping around and this is the best price I have come across. Anybody out here in Utah know any thing different, I am all ears.. :)

YoYo

RUBINOT

Caught the Bug
Here in St Charles Mo at our local 4x4 shop it would cost around $1200, parts and labor. Plus this shop offers a two year warranty on parts and labor :)

KingCopperhead

I paid 300 per axle for install labor. Used northridge4x4's gear special for parts. Lucky to have a very good club member who runs a shop to do the install.

Top Bottom