TJ storage. what are you doing to combat this issue?

trailraider

ok guys, what's your solution to the storage issue presented by the every so agile but storeless TJ's?

i need ideas for hauling extra fuel as well.

Jay

crowrb29

ok guys, what's your solution to the storage issue presented by the every so agile but storeless TJ's?

It kinda of limits you on a trail but I know a few guys that use the hitch receiver racks to get things from point A to B.

rubiRI77

this probably won't help, but there are some very nice rear tire carriers out there that can hold fuel as well.
Inside storage - If you need to keep the rear seat it can be tricky, but maybe the rear drawer from Tuffy. They have two. One mounts under the rear seat (obviously not THAT much room in it, but a very efficient use of space) or their regular rear cargo drawer (that is what we use and it is really nice. Tons of room in the drawer, and on top of the unit) However, you can't keep the rear seat with this option though.
In TJ's we have to get creative. Although in all fairness to the Willys and CJ guys our TJ's are HUGE! :D

MC2003TJ

Jay

Roof rack. I have to run with the back seat for my two sons to go with me. I have a 24 gallon stainless steel fuel tank and carry an extra 5 gallons of fuel on long trails like the Dusy Ershim trail. I have few pics in my albums under my profile. TJ's Rock!!

trailraider

Roof rack. I have to run with the back seat for my two sons to go with me. I have a 24 gallon stainless steel fuel tank and carry an extra 5 gallons of fuel on long trails like the Dusy Ershim trail. I have few pics in my albums under my profile. TJ's Rock!!

I've been debating one for a while, but not sure. Seen warrior has a over the spare but I question the mounting on it. Load it up and lose it on the trail worries me.

My wife may be losing her jeep sooner than later. Lol

Mzone

Think outside the box (tub) or just look at an old war time Willys. Everything was stored on the outside of the Jeeps, on the fenders, on the hood, lower tub door, etc.

MC2003TJ

I've been debating one for a while, but not sure. Seen warrior has a over the spare but I question the mounting on it. Load it up and lose it on the trail worries me.

My wife may be losing her jeep sooner than later. Lol

I carry everything I need for the three of us for five day long trips. Replacement parts and necessary tools for trail repairs. I weigh everything and store the heavy items low inside the jeep to keep The CG low. I made my own gas and water carrier out of a Yakima bike holder for Jeep spare tires. During the winter I use my cargo master frame and put the defender basket on top so that I can have the soft top up. Summer trips I just mount the basket on top of the roll bar. Works like a champ. Lowers the basket 4". I used to wheel with a 94 YJ and no back seat. Now with kids it is more challenging. Wouldn't trade the TJ for anything. I buy the best and lightest gear possible. Plan like you are backpacking and not car camping. No kitchen sink needed on the Rubicon. Best of luck!

Top Bottom