The Kool-Aid is Strong Over Here

jkwebbie

Since today is pay day, I think I'll be ordering me a rear bumper and I'll be picking up my rock sliders Sunday afternoon! WOOHOO

ScoobyCarolanNC

Rock Krawler calls it a mid arm kit because it pushes the rear axle back 1 inch to give a better fitment

Help me out as I'm still learning a lot here & RK is from my hometown in NY. How can you move the axle back without changing the driveshaft? Wouldn't its length/radius of rotation be fixed?

jkwebbie

Help me out as I'm still learning a lot here & RK is from my hometown in NY. How can you move the axle back without changing the driveshaft? Wouldn't its length/radius of rotation be fixed?

I don't think the 1 inch matters that much, but I've heard some people have trouble with the 1 inch affecting the rear coils and making them bow on the X factor. But the max travel kit doesn't have that problem, so I might buy it and then add the upper arms later

jkwebbie

You pick a lift yet? Still goin w the MT/R?

I'm kind of on the fence about the RK lift I want. But I'm actually not going with the Goodyear MTRs because I've heard they are hard to balance. I'm going with Cooper Discoverer STT in a 35x12.50 on my Rubicon wheels

jkwebbie

So what is the mod list gonna look like???

35x12.50 Cooper Discoverer STT tires, gonna mount them on my Rubicon wheels I have right now. I'm gonna call Sean from Northridge4x4 tomorrow and talk to him about the lift I want and probably call Rock Krawler too. Then when I finally get my lift picked out I'm going to call Rubitrux to get a quote on how much it will be to install a lift. And maybe get a JE Reel getting drive shaft.

Top Bottom