The Kool-Aid is Strong Over Here

jkwebbie

Well I got home from work and saw that Brown Santa came by today and dropped off some goodies for the Jeep!
I ordered up a new grille and a couple cans of plastidip
20150309_162655[1].jpg 1425932737029[1].jpg

Before anyone asks why I ordered black plastidip for a grille that's already black is because the grille isn't painted, so if I just stuck it on my Jeep it will fade pretty fast. So I picked up a few cans of black plastidip to help protect it so that I don't have to worry about it fading, and it'll also help with chipping.

jkwebbie

So I've been a little busy lately and haven't been able to update everyone on my build but since today is a slow day I'll update you guys with everything that's happened to the Jeep lately.

jkwebbie

So I decided that I don't really like the dark that much, so I figured a light bar would help me out lol. So around Thanksgiving I saw that a lot of companies had their LED light bars on sale and figured there's no better time than now to pick one up. I found the company Tough Lights, a company based out of Cali with a background in off road racing lights, and decided to go with their 50" Pro series LED light bar. The light is 24,000 lumens and is 288 watts...so its bright as hell! Since the company didn't make any light bar mounts for a Jeep, I went over to Rough Country and got their light bar mounts for the JK.

Actual_light[1].jpg
Here's a pic of the light bar mounted, which is pretty hard to do by yourself lol.

Rough_country_mounts[1].jpg
The mounts were pretty easy to install, all you have to do is take off the 5 bolts on the windshield and then hold the mounts in place and put the bolts back on. I liked that the Rough Country mounts came with this little rubber backing for the mount so that it doesn't scratch up your paint. And the stock bolts are long enough to hold the mounts on and not fall off or anything, even though I've seen where some guys will go get longer bolts.

Mount_wires[1].jpg
The mount doesn't sit flush the entire length of the mount, so I just tucked the wire behind the mount to give it a sleeker look.

Hood_playe[1].jpg
I took off this little plate to run the wire underneath, all you need is a 10 torx bit to take them off.

Light_bar_clips[1].jpg
This is where the lights wires and the wiring harness come together. Tough lights also gives you about a 2 foot version with exposed wires in case you have a Spod.

Fuse_thing[1].jpg
I had to mount this little fuse that came with the wiring harness and the only place that I could find was in the battery box....it was a pain in the you know what to mount that little sucker in there because it needs to be as vertical as possible.

Firewall_light[1].jpg
Since my Jeep is a 6-speed, I couldn't use the same hole as everyone else does thats in the firewall because of my clutch, so I had to find a different path. This part probably took me 30 minutes to try and run that wire...I may have through around some cuss words here and there lol.

Switch[1].jpg
The wiring kit also comes with little switch to turn the light on and off, and since I couldn't really decide where I wanted to permanently place it, I just decided to zip tie it to the steering column for now

The entire install took me about an hour maybe a little more. The majority of the time was spend running the wires for everything.

Attachments

• Underhood_wore[1].jpg
    Underhood_wore[1].jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 512

jkwebbie

Nice......That is one of my next purchases!

Everything I've heard about it has been good so I'm pretty excited to install it this week. I thought about getting the entire system but decided I don't really need it since I have a manual transmission and everything

jkwebbie

So I have been looking around for awhile to get a good first aid kit for when I'm out on the trail. And since I was planning on picking up the EVO oil pan skid from Northridge4x4 I figured why not save on shipping cost and pick one out for the Jeep. And plus I would rather be safe than sorry out on the trail! So I decided to pick up the big first aid kit from RotoPax. Hopefully I'll never have to use it lol. But you know what they say, I'd rather have it and not need it, then need it and not have it!

jkwebbie

So here's a coupe pictures of the first aid kit. I really like it. It has just about everything you could ever need for out on the trail. Band-aids, surgical tape, scissors, aspirin, and TONS more! If you guys don't have a first aid kit for your Jeep already, I would highly recommend getting this one from RotoPax.
1427921556056.jpg 20150401_170100.jpg

jkwebbie

Finally getting around to putting my new grille in

Attachments

• 1428084157339.jpg
    1428084157339.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 404
  • 1428084187703.jpg
    1428084187703.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 419

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
So here's a coupe pictures of the first aid kit. I really like it. It has just about everything you could ever need for out on the trail. Band-aids, surgical tape, scissors, aspirin, and TONS more! If you guys don't have a first aid kit for your Jeep already, I would highly recommend getting this one from RotoPax.
View attachment 134630 View attachment 134629

I need one of these. Where did you get it?

Edit: nevermind finished reading your post and saw it is from rotopax. Thanks for posting it up.

Top Bottom