Dumb a$$!

AMEChambers

So finally talked my wife into letting me spend 400$ on some truck-lites... Installed them the other day... They are awesome! While readjusting them today I took my grill off, drove out of the garage to use the garage door as a beam guide, adjusted them, went to drive back in the garage and ran my 35s half way up my grill!!! Broke three clips and the blinker housing... Dumb ass! Thought I would share my stupidity.

Napalm

Ouch!!! Unfortunately these accidents happen.

One day covering up my jeep with bungee cords and a tarp, I put a huge scratch on the side quarter panel from the bungee cord. Felt like a complete idiot.

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
It's a good thing you can laugh about this. At one time or other we've all done it. Except me of course. That's my story...:yup:

Tree Frog

Just a while back I saw a company advertise that they had stock hoods and grills for sale. They were in about every color you could think of. Its seems to me that they were one of the many restyling companies that remove the factory stuff and then put on like Wild Boar grills and AEV hoods. For the life of me I cant remember who it was though. :thinking:

You know these grills look a lot like ABS and you might find some kind of glue that could stick it back together somewhat and then spray it down with bedliner.
We used to be able to buy an all purpose glue that would do ABS, PVC and CPVC as well as some other types of plastics.

AMEChambers

I got some gorilla glue and clamps on it. Gonna let it sit overnight... I'll try to get some pics. I wish it wasn't true believe me! Surprisingly I think I might be able to somewhat salvage it. Have to redo the plastidip on the grill, again. Might as well just use some bedliner so I don't have to redo it every 6 months (and of coarse run the possibility of being a dumb ass again)

xrayjeeper83

Ouch man that sucks.
I just recently decided to drive down a dirt road with out my hood latched, realized it when the hood hit the windshield.

JRied

I'm equally as dumb. Ordered my trucklites and installed them, decided to paint my grill again afterwards. Pulled my grill straight up and out because I had an abnormally lg bull bar and SCRAPE!!! two identical scratches on both brand new trucklites from the grill clips.... FML a yr later and it still pisses me off

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
I'm equally as dumb. Ordered my trucklites and installed them, decided to paint my grill again afterwards. Pulled my grill straight up and out because I had an abnormally lg bull bar and SCRAPE!!! two identical scratches on both brand new trucklites from the grill clips.... FML a yr later and it still pisses me off

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1425352982.456423.jpg ..............

JAGS

Hooked
Trucklite install. So easy, even a 9 yr old can do it.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1425353903.347950.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1425354045.559694.jpg

Or so I thought before reading this thread. 😉 LOL

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1425353983.603580.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1425353983.603580.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 275

big dr

Soooo,, is there already an "I'm a dumb ass" thread? Or is this going to be it? Cause I got a lot of shit to share!!:doh:

KingCopperhead

Stupid moment number 1:

First trip to rausch, on day 3 of the weekend. Couple friends who didn't make it the first 2 days showed up on the last day. One of them was apprehensive about doing crawler Ridge. I had done it on my first day and thought I'd show them how easy it was.

Picked a crappy line because I was showing off and all "pro" because I had been there once and by God it made me an expert of all things related to said obstacle. Had to back up and start over. Didn't notice a fallen log straddling the trail, ended up straddling the log with my driver side knuckle pinned up on the log, and a big ass rock right on my rear bumper, and a tree a few feet ahead of me. I couldn't have gotten in this spot if I tried to do it again on purpose. It was like parallel parking for morons and I was the star of the show.

It took my winch and then a winch out from one of my friends to get me unstuck. Second attempt I salvaged my pride and walked right up it. As did my apprehensive friend who got to see exactly what not to do.

Moral of the story: don't show off.

Attachments

• 1425388262959.jpg
    1425388262959.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 171
Top Bottom