Road Trip from SF to Seattle - Where to stop?

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
The family and I are planning a road trip to Seattle from San Francisco in April for Spring Break. While we are going to be seeing some family in Seattle, the vacation will be more about the journey than the destination. :)

Does anyone have any recommendations for us to see along the way? I'd really like to find some easy trails that we could wander on. Maybe something up in the Tillamook National Forest? Mount Shasta?

As a side note, if anyone is up for meeting us one day to do a little wheeling, we'd be all for it! I think our dates are roughly April 6-12.

Thanks!

jhires

Also the submarine tour at the OMSI in Portland is pretty cool. OMSI is a lot like the pacific science center and will be packed with kids most days. (Just a warning in case you can't stand kids)

ClarksAdventures

The family and I are planning a road trip to Seattle from San Francisco in April for Spring Break. While we are going to be seeing some family in Seattle, the vacation will be more about the journey than the destination. :)

Does anyone have any recommendations for us to see along the way? I'd really like to find some easy trails that we could wander on. Maybe something up in the Tillamook National Forest? Mount Shasta?

As a side note, if anyone is up for meeting us one day to do a little wheeling, we'd be all for it! I think our dates are roughly April 6-12.

Thanks!

I should be around in April. I'm a Portland guy and would love to take you out to Browns camp in the Tillamook forest for a afternoon of fun on the trails.

How young is the family? The Portland zoo, and OMSI, are always a bunch of fun. A little older and lots of brewery tours.

Last edited:

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
Also the submarine tour at the OMSI in Portland is pretty cool. OMSI is a lot like the pacific science center and will be packed with kids most days. (Just a warning in case you can't stand kids)

Now that sounds like fun! And kids are great! I'll be with my two little boys and I'm sure they would love that! Thanks for the suggestion!

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
I should be around in April. I'm a Portland guy and would love to take you out to Browns camp in the Tillamook forest for a afternoon of fun on the trails.

That would be awesome! Would you be around during the week at all? If not, I could adjust our driving days to be driving back home earlier with stop in Portland for a day of riding on 4/11.

Thanks for the invite!

Edit: My boys are 3 & 4 and the OMSI tour would be a perfect for them along with the zoo. By chance do you have any kids that would come along if we went out to Tillamook?

Last edited:

ClarksAdventures

That would be awesome! Would you be around during the week at all? If not, I could adjust our driving days to be driving back home earlier with stop in Portland for a day of riding on 4/11.

Thanks for the invite!

Edit: My boys are 3 & 4 and the OMSI tour would be a perfect for them along with the zoo. By chance do you have any kids that would come along if we went out to Tillamook?

If you tell me the day, I'm sure I could snag a weekday off.
The closest thing I have to a kid is a crazy cute boxer/Rhodesian mix dog. He's a big good and loves kids.

Fir-na-tine

Caught the Bug
I made half this trip a few years ago.......Drove up the 101 .....stops along the way we're Dillion Beach, Avenue of the Giants :thumb:, Eureka, and Cresent City then over to Mount Shasta (Bigfoot area lol) then north on the 5 through the City of Weed on up into Oregon to Klamath Falls via 97 with a detour to Crater Lake (just awesome)....I then went through Bend then on into Idaho and several states on my way back to South Florida......

As far as Seattle and the surrounding areas.....I would suggest maybe driving the Cascade Loop starting in Everett.....if you can make a trip up to Mount Baker or down to Mount Ranier both are awesome drives and incredibly scenic.......Seattle is cool city and one of my favorites.....a drive through Whidbey Island and stops at the wineries are pretty neat if you are into wines.....kayaking through the San Juan islands was pretty nice we were lucky and saw some orcas up close.......so much to do and see in this great country of ours.......I hope you enjoy your trip and stay safe

~Woodrow~

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
I made half this trip a few years ago.......Drove up the 101 .....stops along the way we're Dillion Beach, Avenue of the Giants :thumb:, Eureka, and Cresent City then over to Mount Shasta (Bigfoot area lol) then north on the 5 through the City of Weed on up into Oregon to Klamath Falls via 97 with a detour to Crater Lake (just awesome)....I then went through Bend then on into Idaho and several states on my way back to South Florida......

As far as Seattle and the surrounding areas.....I would suggest maybe driving the Cascade Loop starting in Everett.....if you can make a trip up to Mount Baker or down to Mount Ranier both are awesome drives and incredibly scenic.......Seattle is cool city and one of my favorites.....a drive through Whidbey Island and stops at the wineries are pretty neat if you are into wines.....kayaking through the San Juan islands was pretty nice we were lucky and saw some orcas up close.......so much to do and see in this great country of ours.......I hope you enjoy your trip and stay safe

~Woodrow~

Some of those spots look incredible! Thanks for the suggestions! :beer:

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
If you tell me the day, I'm sure I could snag a weekday off.
The closest thing I have to a kid is a crazy cute boxer/Rhodesian mix dog. He's a big good and loves kids.

Looking at our trip, I'm wondering if Saturday the 9th would be a good day. Maybe we could even put together a mini Wayalife family oriented run. Thoughts?

ClarksAdventures

Looking at our trip, I'm wondering if Saturday the 9th would be a good day. Maybe we could even put together a mini Wayalife family oriented run. Thoughts?

And it's booked! The 9th it is! There's a handful of guys in the local area. So I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to twist some arms and get them to run with us.

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
And it's booked! The 9th it is! There's a handful of guys in the local area. So I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to twist some arms and get them to run with us.

Sweet! I see you guys are putting together a run soon. Chat with the guys and see if anyone would be up for joining! The only catch is my wife and kids will be with me. They love Jeepin', but I'm sure between the three of them, someone will have to pee! :D:D

ClarksAdventures

Sweet! I see you guys are putting together a run soon. Chat with the guys and see if anyone would be up for joining! The only catch is my wife and kids will be with me. They love Jeepin', but I'm sure between the three of them, someone will have to pee! :D:D

The run is this weekend. It will be full of adventure.
Families are always welcome. I find it's the little ones that are pushing the parents to go on bigger and bigger obstacles. Haha

ClarksAdventures

Ok I just realized something. The 9th is a thursday if I'm looking correctly.
Did you want to go thursday the 9th? Or saturday the 11th?

Top Bottom