Chrysler "Support"

roguejeep008

Hey Jeepers!!

Just wanted to share an experience I had this afternoon regarding a chat support w/Chrysler regarding recall issues. As I've seen across the forums, a lot of us have had problems with the overflow of fuel and the security light/TPMS flashing. After taking my jeep into one of the local dealerships this morning regarding the security/TPMS lights, I was told they were unable to recreate the event. (Go figure) The service rep was great in all aspects and even let me know that this appeared to be an issue with the WCM. I do not have power locks/windows so I have not had any of the other symptoms that I have read about that go along with this. After trying to find out what one of these would cost anywhere other than the dealership ($350), I had no such luck. I did come across a write-up and recall info regarding just this. Low and behold, just like the filler neck valve issue w/my '08 JK, mine was built after "the corrections were made" Obviously NOT!

I then decided to contact Chrysler about this issue. Had an online chat session and was pretty much told everything I already knew. My jeep was built after the approved recall dates for both defects. I was given a reference # for when I will be able to go back and leave my jeep w/the service dept so they can have time to recreate the situation and there would be further investigation to assist in escalating for a resolution. The next part is great. Just a short snipit of the conversation

Russ: I believe Chrysler needs to do more research w/these issues...I suggest getting on google and just typing in these problems. Look over all of the major wrangler forums and you will see these problems across the nation and vehicles built after the posted dates

Shawn: We do not use forums or google. They are not reliable sources of information. We use information provided from our dealerships and review cases from customer care.
Shawn: The technical side goes though our dealerships.

Russ: Perhaps you should start. We are your loyal customers and utilize these forums to communicate w/one another and get viable information about such cases.

In the end, I guess they want all of us to run to the service departments, get charged to have something checked out instead of knowing what's going on in all reality. Then again, if they really listened to what we wanted...The Cherokee and Renegade wouldn't look like a Kia and Fiat got drunk one night and made bad decisions....That was just the European "design" team. Thanks for listening/reading. Hope everyone has an awesome weekend!!

:thumb: :beer:

Top Bottom