50q ARB fridge

jkbarnett

The 37 qt is the same height as the rear door. I'm able to open the lid all the way with my hard top on. I don't have a slide out and it seems to be the right height for me.

dwvninety

I have the 50qt and have used it for 11 days straight plugged into a Yeti Goal Zero 1250 and had 20% showing left on the battery screen.

jorgelrod

Hooked
I have a 50qt and I love it, don't know why I didn't buy it sooner. I have a dual battery setup and ran a dedicated line to the back with a splitter for a 12V aux plug and a future Inverter connection

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

2015-02-25 10.56.27.jpg

jeeeep

Hooked
this is going to be in my next purchase. After watching my sandwiches go swimming and the cooler dumping water out the back side on inclines, having to get ice everyday...yeah, I'm done with this fun.

JeepJeep75

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1473985344.644151.jpg
This pic shows 12ga. wire next to the puny factory wire. Definitely get the ARB wiring kit or run your own 12 gauge or heavier wire.

jkruiser

Reference for general allowable ampacities of conductors:

20 amps = 12AWG
30 amps = 10 AWG
50 amps = 8 AWG
65 amps = 6 AWG
85 amps = 4 AWG

Crystaliner

Doesn't know shit about wheeling
50 uses

1.3amps @ 120v.

7amps @ 12v.

3amps @ 24v.

Anyone know what the cigarette lighters are fused at? I'm under them impression you shouldn't load a circuit over 80% on long continuous loads. So a 10amp fuse should be fine. And everything down stream of the fuse should be at a minimum rated for 10amps.

I just got mine yesterday. Can wait to try it out.

What heats up? The whole cord or just the area close to the plug?

Last edited:

jeeeep

Hooked
I used the ARB wiring kit and it came with 8ga wire not 12.

had it plugged in the Jeep for 4 days single battery and never had an issue - it was great to have nice cold drinks (water bottles on the bottom had actually begin to freeze, not much - small ice pieces) and snacks in the smaller compartment stayed fresh.

it was hot most of the days it was in the Jeep windows up and battery started right up.

This was the 1st time I've had it in the Jeep. I need to make a better mounting deck. the ARB AC plug adapter that came with the kit never worked loose. :thumb:

Crystaliner

F.Y.I. any thinking of buying a ARB fridge you have till OCT 15 to qualify for their promotion. Buy a fridge and get 2 camp chairs for free.

Mine arrived today. Not to shabby for camp chairs.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1475174817.873635.jpg

Bullwinckle

Hooked
Dang the chairs look pretty sturdy I'm still waiting on mine hopefully they come in soon because my other chair broke haha

Crystaliner

Dang the chairs look pretty sturdy I'm still waiting on mine hopefully they come in soon because my other chair broke haha

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1475184897.552882.jpg

You won't be disappointed on these seats. Material is heavy duty.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1475184922.827855.jpg
Even have a beer holder

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1475184987.786582.jpg

Magazine holder

Top Bottom