The Building of FALCOR

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
Haha what are those two things? I'm considering painting mine! Also sorry to hi jack your thread [emoji16]

Don't primer the rings and wait too long to paint. I waited a few days and then painted them and the paint bubbled up. I had to end up sanding them down to bare metal and re-do the whole thing. Who knew primer went bad? :rolleyes2:

So I need your guys' opinion. Finally got a full Rock Hard cage (front, rear overhead and c-pillars) and trying to decide on color. I really want to break up the black and white and using the KING blue as an accent color. Here are two blues I was thinking about. The lighter blue is the same as KING.

I've also considered white and open to any other ideas. Really appreciate the help guys!

I'd vote for either blue or red. White would just blend in a little too well.

SergJKURhino

So I need your guys' opinion. Finally got a full Rock Hard cage (front, rear overhead and c-pillars) and trying to decide on color. I really want to break up the black and white and using the KING blue as an accent color. Here are two blues I was thinking about. The lighter blue is the same as KING.

View attachment 231911

I've also considered white and open to any other ideas. Really appreciate the help guys!

My vote is for white...if you're calling your Jeep "Falcor", it would make sense to stay with a color scheme similar to Falcor. And if you're taking suggestions other than that...possibly brown for Falcor's brown eyes.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
you get those doors painted yet?

Also i completely forgot you had the builder corners. how was the install for these?
View attachment 173366 [/QUOTE]

Man completely forgot you had the builder corners! how was the install for these?

JKRicky

you get those doors painted yet?

Also i completely forgot you had the builder corners. how was the install for these?
View attachment 173366

Man completely forgot you had the builder corners! how was the install for these?[/QUOTE]

I haven't painted the doors yet since I just picked up a new hood and want to get them painted at the same time. That's the plan anyways.

The builder corners are pretty much the same install as the standard corners which wasn't too bad at all. Just have to take your time and have patience.

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
Uuuuggggghhhhhh. I've been tempted to trade my 2006 TJ in for a newer JKU Rubicon, and seeing all that EVO on your JKU is making me want to even more now :rolleyes2:

JKRicky

Uuuuggggghhhhhh. I've been tempted to trade my 2006 TJ in for a newer JKU Rubicon, and seeing all that EVO on your JKU is making me want to even more now :rolleyes2:

Nothing wrong at all with a good ol built TJ. But I will say the extra room of the unlimited is very nice. Coming from a 2dr JK, the extra wheelbase of the unlimited is really nice off road, especially with the big ledges you find in Moab.

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
Nothing wrong at all with a good ol built TJ. But I will say the extra room of the unlimited is very nice. Coming from a 2dr JK, the extra wheelbase of the unlimited is really nice off road, especially with the big ledges you find in Moab.

I love my Jeep and love the look of a 2-door, but like you said, the extra space in the JKU is really nice. I'll probably wait a few years and buy a four door to add to the collection :)

JKRicky

Hey everyone! Been a while since I've actually posted anything, gonna try to get more active on here again since things have kinda sorta slowed down. I started a new job last year so kinda got busy with that and family.

So I guess this is kinda a re-wave?? :standing wave:

Top Bottom