Is a Jeep Pickup in the Works for 2020?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Without question, this is just more pie in the sky but, every time I see an article like this, I can't help but to dream.

Is a Jeep Pickup in the Works for 2020?
IMG_2681.jpg

For 23 years, Jeep has had a pickup truck-sized hole in its lineup. Since 2005, the legendary off-roading brand has had several high-profile flirtations with the idea of a truck, only to confound and frustrate Jeep fans by announcing that the company has no immediate plans to enter the pickup market after all. After years of this “will they or won’t they” debate, the idea of a Jeep pickup has joined ranks with the mid-engined Corvette to become one of Detroit’s most legendary unfulfilled promises. But now things are beginning to look up for the idea of a Jeep pickup, and there is some pretty strong evidence that something might be in the works for early next decade.

Speaking with The Detroit News earlier this year, Jeep Chief Executive Officer Mike Manley told the paper: “I remain a big fan of a Jeep pickup. I think we have history that says it belongs in our portfolio.” While he added, “At this moment and time, I have higher priorities. That doesn’t mean to say that we don’t work on it, we’re not looking at it,” the announcement was enough to start speculation that something serious could be in the works, and it could be with the blessing of parent company Fiat Chrysler Automobiles.

FCA’s Chief Executive Officer Sergio Marchionne has long made it a top priority to raise Jeep’s global profile by integrating its lineup with European-built products. The new Italian-built and Fiat-based Jeep Renegade was recently released to positive reviews, and the introduction of the Fiat Strada pickup rebadged as the Ram 700 in Mexico signals that rebadged Fiat-based trucks could become a common sight on U.S. roads within the next few years. Jeep is FCA’s strongest-performing brand in the U.S., ranking seventh-best overall in sales for 2014, and while there was no mention of a Jeep pickup in Marchionne’s comprehensive five-year plan unveiled last year, a Fiat-based truck would fit nicely in his vision for a more globally-competitive lineup, and only increase growth for the brand.

While a Fiat-based pickup is a very real possibility, there’s also a new American model in the works that could easily handle pickup duty: the 2018 Jeep Wrangler.

Read more: http://www.cheatsheet.com/automobil...-works-for-2020.html/?a=viewall#ixzz3UW6aPEBJ

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I'll believe it when I see a buy option on the website or s truck on the lot. They just keep pushing it back when we all know it won't come.

MTG

Caught the Bug
We should start a poll…

Which comes first…

Jeep Pickup
Obama gets reelected
Overlander gets a girl
Sharkey gets a jeep
Everyone agrees to Global Warming…er…I mean Climate Change.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
We should start a poll…

Which comes first…

Jeep Pickup
Obama gets reelected
Overlander gets a girl
Sharkey gets a jeep

You forgot: Jeep Renegade arrives at US dealerships..... :cheesy:

And like everyone said, Ill believe it when a few are sitting on the dealership's lot.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
We should start a poll…

Which comes first…

Jeep Pickup
Obama gets reelected
Overlander gets a girl
Sharkey gets a jeep

The top two will happen first.

Top Bottom