37" Trail Grapplers review after first week

bsimon187

I recently upgraded my axles on my Jeep to PR44 front and PR60 rear.. So I decided to switch from my 35" MT'R's to the 37" Trail Grapplers. After the first week and around 400 miles I must say I am pretty impressed with the overall performance of these tires. I was a big fan of the MTR with the exception of keeping them balanced. My wheels were lined with weights to keep them balanced, now on the Nitto's, it is under 1oz on each tire.

I went wheeling in Harlan, KY over at the Black Mountain park in the rain all weekend, and they had just had like 20 inches of snow the week before. It was WET!! The TG's did great on the rocks and in the mud. I only got stuck with them once, but that was a real slick trail on a steep incline. On the road they drive great!! I had the GY Duratracs before the MTR's and to me, they drove as good as the Duratracs on road. It is about a 3.5 hour drive each way to the park and it was a great deal smoother than it normally was with the MTR's.

Only issue I had with the TG's is that the sidewall seems way weaker than that of the MTR. I was leaving a small rock bed on the way out of the park for a little poser shot with the group, and I put a 2 inch gash on the sidewall. $400 tire with less than 400 miles.. We looked for what could have caused the cut, but there was nothing sharp that we could find at all. The 5 of us had gone the same line the day before no issues, a jeep in front of me the next day when it got cut, and one behind me, on the same line.

Overall I was real happy with the TG's and will continue to run them as I am now getting the certificate of replacement from DT for the rest of them (a little too late for one). They grip great on the trails and street driving is very easy to live as well.

GCM 2

That's great to hear! And honestly it's what is completely expected with Nitto's, little to absolutely no weights is the standard.

The Trail Grappler is a phenomenal all around tire, you should get really good long term mileage out of those with regular rotations.

MTG

Caught the Bug
That's great to hear! And honestly it's what is completely expected with Nitto's, little to absolutely no weights is the standard.

The Trail Grappler is a phenomenal all around tire, you should get really good long term mileage out of those with regular rotations.

Agreed.

Just mounted up my new set this weekend. Zero weights and zero vibrations.

I had over 33,000 miles on my last set and they were measured between ~35% tread left. Not one puncture or any issues to note.

I rotated them every 3K miles. :thumb:

Top Bottom