Trail grap or bfg KO2?

toxicwaste29

I spend maybe 98% of my time on road yet when I do go off road I get into heavy thick mud. I want a tire that I can use all the time here in Ohio through rain, snow, mud, and road use. I know the trail graps are tried and true however how about the new bfg KO2? They seem to have all I want however I am unsure how they are in mud. Any comments? I am going to run 35's or maybe a little larger.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I have trail grapplers on my jeep, but I'm looking at these ko2 tires or duratracs for my wife's jeep.

toxicwaste29

From all I have seen it seems the KO2 might be the new tire to get. I might just bite the bullet for a set and see how I like them over time. I was just wondering if anyone has experience with them even though they just came out.

CerOf

I just put a set on the wife's suburban. They are fairly quiet. A bit louder than the stock Goodyear car tires. Seem to track well and turn in seems tight. Not sure when I'll have it in the mud...its a princess. :)

noroad

I am a huge fan of trail grapples and love them on both our rigs, buttt i hear the mud out there is something else and the trails have a hard time cleaning out the Ohio mud. I think you might want to chat up some locals in your way to see what they find works well.

MI jeepskate

ive sold a few sets of both to serious off roaders and the weekend warriors like myself and ive yet to hear a bad review. the KO2 will be significantly better on the road (more sipes and latteral groves) theyve got good self cleaning groves for mud as well and they are also severe weather rated i do believe, which will work great in our snow belt

Top Bottom