Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    That dude from Mississippi notnalc68's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    My favorite line in the article...

"Conservationists say residents need to understand it’s for their own good."

How about "conservationists" understand that "residents" know what's good for them.
    You could just change the word "conservationists" to communists, and it would have about the same meaning. "Let us tell you what's best for you."

Nothing but a Thing BlackHawk08jk's Avatar
    Idiots think it's a good idea, until there economy in that area takes a massive hit. Take away its biggest revenue and see how well they fair then. Stupid tree huggers.

Banned
    So let me get this straight, if I'm a disabled vet and can't access the great outdoors because some conservationist closed the areas to Jeep and ATV/UTV use then I must buy a postcard? Or, because of the Americans With Disabilities Act, can't I just tie a conservationist to the hood and call it good? Permit accepted?

Quote Originally Posted by USMCvet View Post
    So let me get this straight, if I'm a disabled vet and can't access the great outdoors because some conservationist closed the areas to Jeep and ATV/UTV use then I must buy a postcard? Or, because of the Americans With Disabilities Act, can't I just tie a conservationist to the hood and call it good? Permit accepted?
    I like your idea!

I was lucky enough to hit up Moab in a rented Rubicon last August. Actually my wife and I got married in the desert there. I seriously hope they don't follow through with this. We hope to relocate to that area someday. We were impressed with how clean the trails were with no supervision. It appears the off road community appreciates nature just as much as the tree huggers. I'd argue hikers walking on the crust will do more damage than tires on sandstone.
    His 2013 JKU "Oscar Mike" RC lift, 35" Fierce Attitude MT, Custom Bumper,Wild Boar Cargo Rack, M416 trailer
    Hers 2011 JKU 70th Anniversary Edition, Old Man Emu lift, Smittybilt bumpers

Former Jeeps
    CJ2a - Willys 1948
    M715 - Kaiser 1968
    YJ Wranglers - 1993, 1995
    TJ Wranglers - 1997,1997, 2001, 2004
    JK Wrangler - 2007, 2012

Knows a Thing or Two

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    My favorite line in the article...

"Conservationists say residents need to understand it’s for their own good."

How about "conservationists" understand that "residents" know what's good for them.
    I couldn't believe the nerve of these people when I read this line. "We are going to do everything we can to destroy the tourism industry so many of you rely on to feed your families. But we're doing this for you're own good, really" I almost admire the ballsiness of that statement. But I don't. Unbelievable.
    08 JKU Rubi

Sold: 99 TJ, 07 JKU, 97 ZJ, 91 MJ, 87 YJ

It is an expensive mud slogging, sand throwing, snowmobile with a heater, convertable toy that as a bonus happens to provide daily transportation.