Central Coast Grapes-N-Grub: May 16

JAGS

Hooked
Central Coast Grapes & Grub.jpg

Hey fellow Wayalifers and wine drinkers. Its time to see what great wines the Central Coast has to offer. We'll enjoy a fun day of relaxing, wine tasting, food, and a maybe back road thrown in here or there. Date is set for Saturday, May 16th.

I'll be posting up more details, but wanted to get the info out in case you wanted to get a hotel room for a night or two. Here's some info on Cambria lodging which is where we'll be starting our day.

http://cambriachamber.org/lodging.php

We'll then head East to Paso wine region. Come for the day...or make a weekend out of it. Paso Wine Fest is happening at the same time. :)

Start of the Day - 10:30am Rolling Time
Cookie Crock Market
1240 Knollwood Drive - Cambria
This market will have any supplies, snacks and water you might want for during the day. Also know that most of the wineries will have special food offerings because it is festival weekend.

Ready to roll at 10:30 am for the nice drive over to Paso where we may detour on a scenic dirt road to our first stop.

Planned Winery/Vineyard Stops:
1) Tablas Creek
2) Opolo Vinyards
3) Tobin James Cellars
4) Cinquain Cellars (Private 4:30pm tasting courtesy of JAGS)

*Maybe a quick stop at the Firestone Brewery in Paso Robles.

Minimum Requirements:
1) A positive attitude
2) Enjoy finding new wines
3) Must drink/taste responsibly
4) Wayalife Windshield Banner

Hope more of you can join us!! :yup:

Going:
- JAGS & Mrs. JAGS
- Panda and Crawler Kitty
- Gtony12 & Mrs. gtony12

Maybe:
- rubbersidedownjk
- Torqt JK & Mrs Torqt JK
-

Last edited:

gtony12

Caught the Bug
Hey Jason put me down as a yes I am actually just moved to paso robles, if there is anytime maybe even a stop at Firestone Walker for a beer?

JAGS

Hooked
Hey Jason put me down as a yes I am actually just moved to paso robles, if there is anytime maybe even a stop at Firestone Walker for a beer?

That's awesome Tony. I was hoping you could make this. :thumb: I may have been including FSWB in the plans. ;)

That's awesome Tony. I was hoping you could make this. :thumb: I may have been including FSWB in the plans. ;)

Since I would be driving a long way down is there any place to spend a day around there off roading. I've already been to Pismo?

pastorwug

Man, it's in my backyard and I'll be in Germany all week.
Have fun, wish I could be with you all.

BTW - if you go to Los Olivos try the Daniel Gehr winery - one of the few with an excellent Port to taste/buy.

Clem319

Ugh I will unfortunately miss this. I will be gone. You guys should check out Barrelhouse in Templeton! Great beer and a great atmosphere.

JAGS

Hooked
Since I would be driving a long way down is there any place to spend a day around there off roading. I've already been to Pismo?

In the sense off roading, nothing really that close. There are some back roads and scenic roads, but I haven't explored them yet.

Maybe others might chime in, but this is more of a relaxing day spent with friends.

Man, it's in my backyard and I'll be in Germany all week.
Have fun, wish I could be with you all.

BTW - if you go to Los Olivos try the Daniel Gehr winery - one of the few with an excellent Port to taste/buy.

Yeah, I remember talking to you a while back Pastor. Not sure we'll make our way down to Los Olivos, but that just means another trip. 😉👍🍷

Ugh I will unfortunately miss this. I will be gone. You guys should check out Barrelhouse in Templeton! Great beer and a great atmosphere.

Bummer you'll miss this. With over 100 wineries, will take many years to hit them all. Let alone all the cool pubs, craft brewery's.

Strainger

Caught the Bug
Just got the go-ahead from my planning commissioner. Put us down as going with the caveat that we might have to cancel if our daughter-in-law delivers early.

Wine is tempting but Grandma has been there for every birth in the immediate family and doesn't plan to miss this one either. :D

JAGS

Hooked
Just got the go-ahead from my planning commissioner. Put us down as going with the caveat that we might have to cancel if our daughter-in-law delivers early.

Wine is tempting but Grandma has been there for every birth in the immediate family and doesn't plan to miss this one either. :D

This is great to see Tom. I'll add you and the wife. Hopefully nature doesn't take over before the wine pours. Lol.

The grandma thing is also cool and I totally understand. Good thing hotels have the 24hr cancel notice just in case. 😉🍷

Top Bottom