Firefighter and Law Enforcement Wayalifers! The Official Public safety Wayalife thread

Firefighter Wayalifers! The Official Public safety Wayalife thread

This is exactly what Wayalife needed,, A place where Firemen can suck each other off even more than they already do.

Great quotes from Americas heros on this thread.

1) Facing down the DRAGON! All I see is smoke,,,, super scary!

2) We do this every day (reference walking on the roof of a totally engulfed residence) Sure you do! Every day! Just walking on fire!

5) NICE SAVE!! reference getting a cat out of its hiding place. My idea of a nice save is jumping into a murky body of water to find a body on the bottom, pulling the man out of the water and starting CPR,,, not getting a cat from on top of a transmission hump.

4) Everything that gets wet will dry,, nothing unburns! Spoken like a man who has never had to deal with major water damage! Flooding causes more damage to residences in this country every year than fire ever could. I have seen firemen cause more damage with water than the fire the were fighting, when all they needed was a fire extinguisher.

I'v also seen firemen loose their minds in anger when a cop puts out a fire before the heros can get out of bed and suited up, let alone get on scene,,, I guess it was a deep sleep.

5) Putting your work uniform in your engagement photos. WOW. I cant imagine being so self centered that I put the gear I wear to work in a photo reserved for the demonstration of the love I have for my soulmate. Why isn't her work uniform in the photo,, Is her career so useless compared to yours that it didn't make the cut.

Please,,, keep this thread going. I cant wait to see what amazing things you heros do next.

I'm usually not a hater,,, but give me a break.
All the above being said,,, I mean no disrespect to the fireman who fell through the roof. I wish him the best recovery possible.

Hahahaha!!!!

Right??

big dr

You got to fight someone with it being uncomfortably warm outside wearing a bat-belt? Cute. Parking offenders sure are touchy. Try on 70 pounds of bunker gear, carrying a haligan and axe and SCBA. I prefer to work inside a room that is 100% filled with smoke and 1000 degrees. Get back to me when you aren't comparing our day room with your tussle on the pavement.

:bleh:

hahahah,,, now that is a nice retort!:clap2: ,,,, from a guy who probably has never been in a fight.

Last edited:

Jackal01

hahahah,,, now that is a nice retort!:clap2:

For the record: a few years ago I graduated a police academy however my cert expired before a PD could pick me up. I intend on doing it again next year as to be an arson investigator (just a fire investigator now) with another department. :beer:

I enjoy banter between cops and firefighters/EMS.

big dr

Agreed, it is friendly banter,, but sometimes Americas Heros need to stop patting themselves on the back and just do the job they are paid for.

big dr

The

"Sure you're not a hater:mad:.......I love guys like you:yup:.......Whiny little bitches:D

Facing the Dragon was sarcasm Doctor......I get maybe 1-2 fires a month in my zone....so that's why I threw in the "Facing the Dragon" because it's funny.......but take it literally I don't GAF.......The saving of the cat was another one I threw in there in response to someone saying we save cats........but you take that literally as well......no biggie.....no shits given here....
You're probably the type that will try and sue the FD for cutting too much of the car away in an extrication to free your ass..........You're a malcontent......know matter what we do you'll find a way to bitch about something......maybe you're fueled by jealousy or your job sucks or maybe it's a mixture of both.......or maybe you're a really BIG doctor with a condescending attitude and thinks everyone is beneath you........who knows and really who cares......just keep hating on us........all I can do is just look at you and smile:D

Not going to comment anymore on this......."

I'll comment,,, I'm the furthest thing from a malcontent,, I love my job, my Wife, and our life together. I'v just witnessed first hand Firefighters telling someone who scraped their knee falling off a bike that they could DIE if they didn't take the ambulance to the ER. Or,, My favorite one was when they told the pregnant woman, who was in such a minor traffic collision it was hard to find any damage, that she could loose her baby if they didn't transport her in the ambulance. Using fear to pad the pockets of whatever ambulance system you are using is a disgrace!
Firefighters like to talk about all the heroic stuff they do,, but I happen to know, if there is any real danger at any scene they go into "STAGING" mode until someone with some courage makes the scene safe. I hope you can live with yourself when you go to sleep at night, with all the other men in the room, and know there are real men out there in the night who don't get to sleep in a cozy bed. and when the call goes out for help, they are already en route to make the scene safe for you, while you are still putting your pants on.

MarkW13

I'll comment,,, I'm the furthest thing from a malcontent,, I love my job, my Wife, and our life together. I'v just witnessed first hand Firefighters telling someone who scraped their knee falling off a bike that they could DIE if they didn't take the ambulance to the ER. Or,, My favorite one was when they told the pregnant woman, who was in such a minor traffic collision it was hard to find any damage, that she could loose her baby if they didn't transport her in the ambulance. Using fear to pad the pockets of whatever ambulance system you are using is a disgrace!
Firefighters like to talk about all the heroic stuff they do,, but I happen to know, if there is any real danger at any scene they go into "STAGING" mode until someone with some courage makes the scene safe. I hope you can live with yourself when you go to sleep at night, with all the other men in the room, and know there are real men out there in the night who don't get to sleep in a cozy bed. and when the call goes out for help, they are already en route to make the scene safe for you, while you are still putting your pants on.

FYI, this is not friendly bantering. The comments about going to the hospital are purely liability. I'm so glad my department does not transport. Our local ambulance provider gets sued weekly. Staging is quite simple. We don't carry guns. If we did we would secure the scene ourselves. My companies have ended up in physical altercations plenty of times to know if they are told to stage they do. I don't envy law enforcements job. In my town, we work together. The malicious line of feces flowing from your mouth would never happen, because we are at the same incidents doing a similar job. Get over yourself. We all don't live and work in a city that ends in beach or hills. Its not that easy everywhere else.

Jackal01

The

"Sure you're not a hater:mad:.......I love guys like you:yup:.......Whiny little bitches:D

Facing the Dragon was sarcasm Doctor......I get maybe 1-2 fires a month in my zone....so that's why I threw in the "Facing the Dragon" because it's funny.......but take it literally I don't GAF.......The saving of the cat was another one I threw in there in response to someone saying we save cats........but you take that literally as well......no biggie.....no shits given here....
You're probably the type that will try and sue the FD for cutting too much of the car away in an extrication to free your ass..........You're a malcontent......know matter what we do you'll find a way to bitch about something......maybe you're fueled by jealousy or your job sucks or maybe it's a mixture of both.......or maybe you're a really BIG doctor with a condescending attitude and thinks everyone is beneath you........who knows and really who cares......just keep hating on us........all I can do is just look at you and smile:D

Not going to comment anymore on this......."

The firefighters you reference do not reflect us as a whole. Same damn thing as saying all the cops that hassle 2A supporters are bad.

All that transport and losing baby stuff is from lawyers. I know damn well a hang nail won't kill someone but our SOP says I must offer treatment and transport to every patient even if they don't have a complaint.

Your view of firefighters is skewed and you need to reevaluate your opinion of and facts about them because you need us just as much as we need you.

Don't fucking forget that we have lost brothers arriving to house fires and being shot. Most FDs don't carry firearms...some do.

Last edited:

Petthefish

I am not a firefighter but I just wanted to jump in here and say thank you all for putting you're lives on the line to save other people. God Bless

MICP3309

I'll just say, that are some FF douche bags.. You bet, are some cops ass holes, absolutely.. Are all of us alike, nope. I too love what I do. Is that being prideful, yea. But I see it no more prideful than all the Jeep builds you can see on here.

So I apologize if my posting doing a career that I love offended you. (I'm being sincere and not sarcastic)

But I would like to add that in the cities here that I have worked in/ work now, we do not get police on any assignments other than violent crime. It is normally just my partner and I. And we work 12 hour shifts, where NO SLEEPING is allowed or tolerated (as a paramedic). The rescue side of what I do is a voluntary assignment, we get no, none, 0 added pay to do that. So my comment of the torches being my favorite toy, was due to the constant training I do to stay proficient on the techniques we use to preform rescues after collapses.

Now, paramedic is my job. But I'd prefer you to "judge" me based on how I treat you as a person. So big dr, I'm not looking for a pat on my back, as quite frankly I won't wear the ribbons and medals I have received for doing my job. They sit in a box in my closet. All I ask is don't essentially call me an ass hole for a job I do, at least wait until you've met me!

Fir-na-tine

Caught the Bug
Agreed, it is friendly banter,, but sometimes Americas Heros need to stop patting themselves on the back and just do the job they are paid for.

I'm down for banter as well.....My family is a LEO family 3 generations.....I went through the PA and was about to start my career as a LEO but my dad and uncle talked me into to going into the Fire Service and the rest is history.......I've never once considered myself a "Hero" and neither do any of my fellow FF's that I work with.....I come to work just like everyone else and do the job I'm trained to do......I work with police officers every shift and i see what they have to deal with on a regular basis........and i respect you guys......I get that you guys get shit on and i think unfairly........but don't bitch about FF's patting themselves on the back or telling us to just do our jobs....LOL....how about you do your job and quit whining about ours.........Stay safe out there Big

~Woodrow~

firecrew1

well don't do structure fire as you guys know so here are a few days from last season.

don't know what I would do without my chainsaw

IMG_3051.jpg IMG_3948.jpg

Attachments

• IMG953597.jpg
    IMG953597.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 157
  • simi fire 2003.jpg
    simi fire 2003.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 152

big dr

I have no false pride,, and will admit my last post was agressive,, but only in response to being called a "whiny little bitch" and "a malcontent." I did not call anyone an ass hole or make any personal attack. Again,, my oldest friend,, from 7th grade is a firefighter. Thats almost 30 yrs of friendship! I do not hate fireman, or the job they do. I just get sick of all the self glorification, the personal license plates, and the helmet stickers that say, "look at me, I'm a hero,, and better than you" as the wife driving the Esclade drives down the street speeding, or talking on her phone. I think all of us need to get over ourselves and stop painting the picture that we are anything better than average human beings. Yes,, there are some A Hole cops, but that is not the point. Stop stroking yourselves for doing a job that statistically is done by volunteers throughout the country.

Last edited:
I am going to say this about you clowns posting pictures and introducing yourselves. Seriously don't be "that guy" who gets fired or in trouble for being an idiot and creating a nexus to your department.
Use your heads guys. This is the Internet and the back and forth that may or may not seem friendly along side your pics is not a good thing.

Now let's get back to your regularly scheduled banter....

Jackal01

Last Friday a couple of our engines ran a mutal aid apartment fire. There was an exterior -stairwell collapse that 3 of our guys were on. 2 were injured and released from the hospital. Thankful they walked away and they are still with us today. We had our weekly dept training last night and one of the two spoke about it...chilling to hear something like that in person.

http://abc13.com/news/3-firefighters-taken-to-hospital-after-nw-harris-county-blaze/577592/

Be safe.

JKbrick

Sorry to offend some of you non ff but I have been a volunteer in my community since 1999. I love giving back to the community that I live in. This is where I spent last night. There ended up being 9 departments on scene. The building was almost 100 years old and an Amish business used it to store wood in so the whole scene was fuel for the fire.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1427909767.907475.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1427909789.434834.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1427909823.327295.jpg
The difference between the first two pics is 6 minutes as an example of how quickly fire spreads. Last pic is me on a 2 1/2" line

Top Bottom