2007 JKU value?

huskerfan406

I have a 2007 JKU with a 4&1/2" bds long arm, Rock jock 60 front with a ARB a 44 rear with a Detroit, warn bumpers front and back 5.38 gears $5000 worth of tires and wheels and more I'm sure I'm forgetting! What's it worth? It was wrecked and was the other persons fault and I think they are trying to hose me! It's Allstate and they want to give me $20,980 and they take it. You can see pictures in my profile! Thanks for any help!

aermotor

Ouch, sorry to hear that. I guess it's totaled? Are they going to take the Jeep or can you salvage parts off it as well as a pay off? It's easily over $30K, a base 2007 JK with 110,000 miles is still worth $20K on it's own roughly. I'm afraid of the same thing too, there is another thread around here about insurance and Jeeps and what others have done, pre-crash of course. Good luck to you.

srosario

We had these discussions, it was under the insurance company.
Most insurance have a cap on accesories. My insurance company only covers $5k. I would just take stuff off that wasn't messed up on the crash. And give them a chassis with no doors, or roof or light.

huskerfan406

It has a little over 70000 miles on it and Allstate is the person that is at faults insurance! Most of the aftermarket stuff is what's damaged! Mostly suspension! 6000 then rear axle bent 2000 then some scratches and light body damage! Total about 14000 in damage including labor and paint.

huskerfan406

I didn't take any pictures after the wreck it makes me to mad to see it I just did a ruff estimate of the parts that I can think of not including tax, shipping, or labor and I got over 28000 in parts so far! I might need a lawyer lol

Shantz

I had the same thing happen to my tj last year... just had the engine and transmission rebuilt... lady pulled out in front of me and totaled it. I lost so much money... give them as many receipts as you can find... ended up getting 13000 for a rig that was easily worth 17... still stings... to make matters worse Farmers lost my Jeep and I couldn't pull any parts.

seanb123

So options I would consider. They are tying to pay you as little as possible. Second if you don't like their number and they don't budge go to yours tell them that you are unhappy. They may take over and work with Allstate for you. I had this happen. My insurance ended up paying me and taking them to court on my behalf but I didn't have to deal with the hassle

huskerfan406

Good news I got them to increase the value by 6k and are now replacing everything and fixing it to my approval! Thanks for all the help and advice!

Top Bottom