Welcome Cosmo

DBuck21

Hey everybody, I've been a member of Wayalife for a year now, and I am now on my second JK. I bought Homphrey, a bright silver 2011 JK, in March of 2014. I loved that thing, when I bought it somebody had already modified it with a pro comp lift and bigger tires and such. I was of the opinion it was too much lift for the tires but it looked nice rolling down the road. Fast forward one year... My wife and I have taken in 3 foster children, ages 1, 2, and 3. The JK was not big enough. I decided I would get a new JKU and build it up myself.

Enter Cosmo, a 2015 JKU Sport, in Firecracker Red. I didn't buy much extra on it but the max tow package, primarily for the 3.73 gears. I immediately went to work on ordering parts to build this thing how I saw it in my head.

Jeep Build (8).jpg

I started by getting some tint put on at a local glass company, this started the ball rolling. I had ordered a set EVO Rock Sliders as well as Rancho front and rear bumpers from Northridge 4x4. I received the sliders and began the process of painting them.

I picked up a 2.5 inch Jeep Series II suspension lift kit from Rough Country, this lift is precisely what I see others referring to as a budget boost. I liked the way the vehicle rode with the stock suspension and figured being as it only had a couple hundred miles on it I would use it as long as I could. The day came to install the lift, and rails. I had ordered tires and wheels and knew I would need some gussets for support on the front end. I ordered a set of EVO gussets. They arrived in quick fashion, looked sharp and fit PERFECTLY!

The day came and I traveled to my buddy's garage and he and I proceeded to put on the lift, and weld on the sliders and gussets. The build went relatively smoothly, just be aware if anyone here decides to go with Rough Country for the budget boost... their hardware leaves quite a bit to be desired. In the pictures you will see my guy, BlueCopper, under the front end. I am semi-layed up with a knee injury right now awaiting surgery, and I couldn't have gotten this build to this point without him.

Jeep Build (10).jpg
Jeep Build (4).jpg
Jeep Build (3).jpg

Jeep Build (2).jpg
Jeep Build (1).jpg

Just this week now my tires came in. I wrapped some 35 inch Nitto Trail Grappler M/T's around ATX Slot Wheels. I really like the look of the slabs but could not justify paying for them, I found these ATX slots which have a similar look. I had the tires mounted and balanced and put them on.

Jeep Build (7).jpg Jeep Build (12).jpg

This is how Cosmo sits as of right now. I have the rear Rancho bumper with Tire carrier in the garage now and expect the matching front bumper to arrive tomorrow. I'm hoping to get both of them on this weekend, at some point. I will update the thread with the progress.

Thanks for looking and for allowing me to mooch all the knowledge in this Forum.

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
Welcome to Wayalife! Firecracker Red is a great color. Good luck with the build out. It's off to a good start!:yup:

Top Bottom