Rock hard roll cage bar!!!

1BAMF'nJKU

I'm looking for a rockhard roll cage front bar. Just the front crossover bar only. To clear things up I am only interested in the bar that Eddie used to mount his cb too in his write up with the kc bracket!! I'm looking for new or used and would like to mount only this bar to also be used as a cb mount!! Thank to all! Also feel free to let me know if this cannot be used solo? Thx

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Umm you can mount that bar without a cage. Look at a tuffy overhead security console if you aren't running a cage.

1BAMF'nJKU

I like the rockhard bar a lot better than the tuffy box and I currently own the rugged ridge cb mount for above the rear view mirror and it is nice but do not like how the fit is with my lx 29 cobra. Thx for the recommendations!

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I like the rockhard bar a lot better than the tuffy box and I currently own the rugged ridge cb mount for above the rear view mirror and it is nice but do not like how the fit is with my lx 29 cobra. Thx for the recommendations!

So again you can't run that without the rest of the cage.

1BAMF'nJKU

Really? Are we thinking the same bar? It mount overhead, and clamps to the factory jeep roll bar/windshield support bars. If you say it doesn't I truly believe you but in eddies write up it shows the bar installed by itself prior to the remainder of the cage being installed. Thx for your help

1BAMF'nJKU

I really don't see how the entire cage is needed? It's only purpose would be to support my cb radio. They bar I'm referring to has its own clamps to mount to factory roll cage, and any other bars that connect to it have clamps to do so. I could be wrong but I don't see it! Thx for your help I do appreciate it

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I really don't see how the entire cage is needed? It's only purpose would be to support my cb radio. They bar I'm referring to has its own clamps to mount to factory roll cage, and any other bars that connect to it have clamps to do so. I could be wrong but I don't see it! Thx for your help I do appreciate it

When you get one please post pictures of install.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

What is not to get? You can clearly see it attaches to the crossbar.

ctlazer5

Honestly if you haven't tried yet I would call Rock Hard 4x4 and ask if they offer that option or if you would be able to purchase just the front "overhead cage streamer" and the "over and across windshield cage section." They offer the rear overhead center bar alone so I do not see why there would be much issue of possibly getting just the front two pieces. However I do not know for sure just guessing. Only my 2cents..Good luck let us know how it goes!! I am interested to see how this works out.

1BAMF'nJKU

I'm not disagreeing I'm just asking if you guys "know" for fact it cannot be used by itself, or if you "don't think" it can be used in the orientation? If you do know this to be fact could you explain too me why this is the case? Thx in advance!

1BAMF'nJKU

"What is not to get? You can clearly see it attaches to the crossbar"

Yes I see that it connects to the cross bar but if you look closely you see the clamps are separate from the bar I am referring to and simply clamp around it. Thx for your input, this is why I asked!

I contacted Rock hard to see if I could just by one piece missing from my trail cage ( not their cage), they told me they only sold their cages as a unit and could not piece them out. This was just a couple of weeks ago.

Couple things:

First of all, thank you for looking at our cage!

Our overhead t-section mounts separately from our a-pillar upgrights - but cannot be purchased separately. We only sell our cage systems as full kits and do not sell individual components for a whole host of reasons. The twin bars with a plate welded REQUIRE the cross bar above the windshield. That cross bar itself can be installed stand alone, but we don't sell it that way. You could purchase two of our collars and fab up something however.

If you aren't in the market for a complete cage system at this time a few good CB mounting alternatives were mentioned earlier in this thread. :beer:

Last edited:

1BAMF'nJKU

Thank you to all, you've been a great help! Looks like the only way to get that bar now that I know it can be used solo is used!! Anybody!!??

GCM 2

Thank you to all, you've been a great help! Looks like the only way to get that bar now that I know it can be used solo is used!! Anybody!!??

Even if you find a used cage, you will still need two parts of the cage to mount that center section. But good luck with your journey.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1427478230.356538.jpg

Top Bottom