Cali people?!?!

DKronk42

I was wondering if there were any cali people from the oxnard area, i may be moving there soonish was just looking for some input.

DKronk42

I work for procter and gamble, and my girlfriend is in health care administration, my worry is that the housing market is going to be way out of our grasp

DKronk42

Im looking at these homes starting at like 450k and thinking, ok thats nice but where do the real people live haha, i knew it was going to be pricey but i didnt anticipate 500k being entry level

pastorwug

Get used to it, way different than rural PA!
$500k is average to low average anyways, surely low average as you go further north into Santa Barbara county.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Well, nothing is in stone yet but im trying to figure out what i would be in for if the decision is made.

Go to Zillow.com enter your criteria (Max budget) house size and such and see what's available for sale right now. I often search property for my retirement move OUT of California. :yup:

DKronk42

What are some places within say 30 miles i should be looking at? I know from talking to people who have been there from here, no one who works for p&g actually lives in the city.

Id be all over Oxnard. If your going to let people scare you then go south of the Conjeo grade and pay stupid money for a house.

Look into Hueneme.

Shantz

Thousand Oaks it's pretty nice... just up the hill from Oxnard. Pretty pricy everywhere around these parts... you can find fixer uppers in decent areas... still gonna be around 400.

Rubicon john

Look in Camarillo, Ventura (not around ventura ave), Newbury park, Thousand Oaks, Simi Valley, and possibly even Ojai. Like others have already stated Oxnard is hit or miss. I live in Somis which is near Camarillo, but there's nothing ever up for sale out here. Best of luck!

DMF

This may not help because I'm rarely on the other side of the valley or even North LA for that matter but living in CA my entire life I would not live far from where I work. Rush hour traffic can get messy.

Shantz

This may not help because I'm rarely on the other side of the valley or even North LA for that matter but living in CA my entire life I would not live far from where I work. Rush hour traffic can get messy.

This is a great point... figure one hour for every ten miles you have to drive in traffic.

JDDK

I live in N Oxnard. All the above is true but we have a nice house in a decent neighborhood. Still can get a nice place fairly cheap here. I would be glad to help steer you in right neighborhoods since we moved here 10yrs ago from norcal. PM me and we can talk and meet up. I have a network of around 200 friends through church in ventura county so we know most of the neighborhoods in ox, vt and cam.

LeighP

Friend of mine is California born and raised. Sold up and moved to Arizona about 8 or so years back. He got a huge amount for a pretty average 2 bed condo in Long Beach (no view of anything) off the PCH.....the price astounded me, as his place wasn't anything flash. CA prices just seem really high.
Good luck on your move.

Top Bottom