Are there any dual spray windshield washer nozzles?

Christarp

I have a 2007 JK and the single windshield washer nozzle gets the center of the windshield great, but then the rest of it is still littered with bugs. Are there any replacement nozzles that will spray left and right instead of center? Not looking to add two windshield washer nozzles like in the 2013+ models, but for one nozzle that sprays in 2 directions. Anyone got any ideas?

I'd be interested in this as well. I hate when it's windy and none of the fluid makes it over to the driver side. Or just enough to make it worse.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
If you search other forums, you will find examples of the rubber windshield bumpers on the hood replaced with washer nozzles. Seems to work pretty good. Also, my 2014 has dual level jets/slots in the nozzles that provide pretty good coverage. IDK if the single nozzle on earlier models have single or dual jets.

old bob

I found the same problem, not really caring for the way the pre 2012 model sprayers worked. I actually went to the dealer and bought one for a newer Jeep, and it fit in perfectly.
The biggest problem I had was convincing the dealer to sell me the one I wanted, instead of the one he was sure I needed for my year of Jeep! The old one just pops out, and the new one just pops in. the hose is the same fitting is the same size. Part # 68164356AB. The difference is substantial, and the cost is minimal.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If you search other forums, you will find examples of the rubber windshield bumpers on the hood replaced with washer nozzles. Seems to work pretty good. Also, my 2014 has dual level jets/slots in the nozzles that provide pretty good coverage. IDK if the single nozzle on earlier models have single or dual jets.

If it's all the same to you, this I'd be grateful if you could just share what you know instead of directing the members of my forum to go "search other forums". Unlike "other forums" that are run by multi-million dollar corporations such as IB and Canadian company Vertical Scope, this one is owned by my wife and I and we'd appreciate it if you could please be respectful of the fact that we're literally a ma and pa shop in small town America. Thank you.

gtony12

Caught the Bug
I have dual sprayers on my 2012 but you will have to change hood, or cut new holes, my jeep has a 2013 hood

That's some great info. I'm going to purchase a nozzle for a 2014 the dealer doesn't need to know its going to be installed on my 2012.

Just googled the part number. Don't even have to go to the dealer....

Last edited:

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
I have dual sprayers on my 2012 but you will have to change hood, or cut new holes, my jeep has a 2013 hood

I did the same thing. After my hood got damaged on the trail I replaced it with a 10th anniversary hood which has two nozzles and it's much nicer coverage.

Rccrwlr

Can you all that found a solution post part numbers and pictures of the different sprays patterns? Would be good to see if this really is an improvement. The only issue I have with the 08' fan spray version is they hit the windshield near the top and I would like to see them a bit lower. Thanks

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Let me share what I know... It is my understanding that you can replace the rubber windshield bumpers on the hood with washer nozzles. It may work pretty good, of course YMMV. Also, my 2014 has dual level jets/slots in the nozzles that provide pretty good coverage. IDK if the single nozzle on earlier models have single or dual jets.

Christarp

so let me get this straight.. The 2013+ models have a different nozzle design compared to the 2007-2012? I know the 2013+ models have two nozzles instead of 1, but would putting one of the 2013+ model nozzles in place of a single 2007 model nozzle be of any benefit?

toxicwaste29

I put a 2013 two nozzle into my 2012 with a single nozzle. It does make a difference in that it sprays nearly the entire windshield rather than just the upper area.

gtony12

Caught the Bug
I just popped the old sprayer out and put a new one in so the tubing is the same. The 2013 sprayer has two slits/nozzles; one lower and the other higher in the sprayer.

The replacement hood that was installed on my jeep had to separate spray nozzles

toxicwaste29

The replacement hood that was installed on my jeep had to separate spray nozzles

Im assuming then it was for a 2013+. I would just take the one washer line and put a t in it then feed another washer line off of it to the second washer nozzle.

Christarp

Saw what you looking for here:

AEV Dual Washer Nozzle Kit

That looks like it's for a hood with two nozzle holes cut.

The 07-12 has a single hole for a single nozzle cut into the middle of it, rather than two holes in the hood cut for two separate nozzles in the 2013+

I'm looking in particular for a nozzle that will fit into one hole (in the center of the hood), and shoot the windshield washer fluid two separate ways (for each side of the vehicle from the center). Not for adapting two separate nozzles to a hood that only accepts one nozzle.

I've seen people say they have used the rubber bumpers as new holes for their hood, but personally I sorta like the look of the bumpers :crazyeyes: and would rather not drill two holes into my hood to put separate windshield washer nozzles. Thanks for the link though, some may use it!

Top Bottom