Anybody running the updated Eaton D44 Elocker with 4 pinion?

jorgelrod

Hooked
Haven't found any reviews out there for the updated 4 pinion model, wondering if anybody here is running it and can chime in...

The wife's Jeep had one in the front and has one in the rear.

We removed the front and sold it because locking a D30 is only trouble (for us) and her Jeep is mostly a DD. It worked well though.

The one is the rear isn't working but I don't know why. With the issues we have had with this Jeep is is entirely possible it is an install error. I hope to look into soon now that the weather has broke.

Last edited:

bsimon187

I had the 4 pinion in my old rear axle and now in my new front axle. It is great and so far no problems out of either one. I was an early adopter and got it when they first switched over with no regrets at all.

jkjurny

I'm really curious about this as well. I plan on getting this over the ARB if enough positive reviews come out.

bsimon187

I am going to venture out to say that a lot of people have the new 4 pinion e-locker but have no idea that it actually changed from a 2 pinion to the 4 pinion. In November/December 2013 they switched over with all the manufacturers. So if someone- on the safe side ordered a d44 eaton e-locker in 2014, they have the 4 pinion unless they got an old one that was left in stock.

jorgelrod

Hooked
I guess, so, I'm on schedule to get a PR44 after the summer and I want it with an E-locker, I was thinking of putting a grizzly on the rear diff, but now I'm on the fence about putting another elocker on the rear instead of the grizzly, I've had auto lockers on my WJ on the rear before so I know how they work but not sure if my wife would like their handling when she borrows the jeep, my first wife sure didn't. Not that we split because of the locker :cheesy:

Top Bottom