Rear Brake Line Mod

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Well damn... ive got a local shop gonna splice on new lines if mine break while trying to reroute.

Been lookin around some this morning and it looks like to get a new one the only place Ive found it so far is through the factory, good news is it is less than $15. So I will prob go that route. I may try to bend mine back some but will most likely replace it completely.

The next thing I need to decide/wonder is if I route them a different way, will I need longer lines. If so, should I go ahead and replace them with the lines that EVO uses in their Enforcer kits. :thinking:

Been lookin around some this morning and it looks like to get a new one the only place Ive found it so far is through the factory, good news is it is less than $15. So I will prob go that route. I may try to bend mine back some but will most likely replace it completely.

The next thing I need to decide/wonder is if I route them a different way, will I need longer lines. If so, should I go ahead and replace them with the lines that EVO uses in their Enforcer kits. :thinking:

My plan is to re route them the way Frank did (i think it was him) and add longer braided lines at the same time.

Edit: not sure which braided lines to get just yet...

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
My plan is to re route them the way Frank did (i think it was him) and add longer braided lines at the same time.

Edit: not sure which braided lines to get just yet...

That way or I'm thinking about routing them to pass through the upper shock mount, like some have done. Don't know that one way would be better than the other.

I'm just tryin to think ahead on the extended lines. If I have to get them then I'd like to go ahead and get the ones needed for the 4 inch lift. Though I am still a little ways out on that. I am thinking about trying to start piecing the Enforcer together. Specially now if I have to replace the brake lines soon, don't really wanna do it twice unless it's just absolutely necessary.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
When I called Drew at ORE about this, I was asking which lines I would need since there was quite a lot of confusion with what came with my used setup. I said well I will just get the DTD rear lines since it looked easier to mount them on the upper mount. He siad "cleaner, no easier" so that is what you need to really decide where you want the lines. I have the DTD lines waiting for a day I am not lazy and want to tackle mounting them.

When I called Drew at ORE about this, I was asking which lines I would need since there was quite a lot of confusion with what came with my used setup. I said well I will just get the DTD rear lines since it looked easier to mount them on the upper mount. He siad "cleaner, no easier" so that is what you need to really decide where you want the lines. I have the DTD lines waiting for a day I am not lazy and want to tackle mounting them.
I cant decide really. The 3" plush rides is where ill stay unless i get crazy and do c/o's but thats a long shot. My lines are long enough now with the shitty brackets from my old lift but they cant stay there for obvious reasons.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Awesome! Glad it helped my friend. Did you use the furniture squares to isolate the lines?

I did not. The Lowe's employee that was helping me could not find them and I didn't know where to look either. I ended up using funiture corner safety pads and wrapped them around the lines instead.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
I did not. The Lowe's employee that was helping me could not find them and I didn't know where to look either. I ended up using funiture corner safety pads and wrapped them around the lines instead.

As long as it works! FYI, my Lowe's has them in the hardware section in a drawer in the "hard to find" items area. I think the drawer is labeled furniture parts.

JeepJeep75

Thanks for sharing this Frank. I incorporated this mod into my build. I found a way to mount the clips that come with the Enforcer brake lines to the inside of the frame rails. [emoji106] ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1468185770.179221.jpg

Top Bottom