VIDEOS : Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk - Engineered to Overcome...

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
In an effort to promote the all new Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk as a true off-road rig engineered to overcome just about anything, Jeep made a series of 6 short videos that highlight a trip they took it on across the world famous Rubicon Trail. Apparently, with the exception of a few "stacked rocks", the Cherokee conquered the entire trail unassisted. Check them out...

Jeep® Cherokee Trailhawk® – Engineered to Overcome: Go Anywhere. Do Anything.®

Jeep® Cherokee Trailhawk® – Engineered to Overcome: True to its Roots

Jeep® Cherokee Trailhawk® – Engineered to Overcome: Pride in the Vehicle

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Jeep® Cherokee Trailhawk® – Engineered to Overcome: Putting the Driveline to the Test

Jeep® Cherokee Trailhawk® – Engineered to Overcome: Badge of Honor

Jeep® Cherokee Trailhawk® – Engineered to Overcome: The Total Package

Recurve

I enjoyed watching the videos. You cant help but wonder why they didnt add more flex to the suspension? Im guessing the front is ifs? You figured as far as they went with the trailhawk they would.
Eddie I know you've done the rubicon trail a couple times, you think with careful spotting the cerokee actually made it through the whole thing with out being winched out?
I bet the belly of that thing is all scarred up, wonder if it would have made threw the old style little sluice?
I do like the trailhawk, but think wrangler is still the better deal on this one. As far as daily an hardcore offroad goes.

NV375

I skipped right over Cherokee and just read Trailhawk® and thought I was going to see a toaster. Still fun to watch. Thanks for sharing.

Im curious to hear what people that own these think of them. My wife really likes them but i dont know a soul who owns one.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Eddie I know you've done the rubicon trail a couple times, you think with careful spotting the cerokee actually made it through the whole thing with out being winched out?

For better or for worse, the Rubicon is WAY EASIER now than it's been in the last 10 years. Whole sections of the trail are near about paved to help assist with erosion control and water contamination. Of course, you can bypass all the remaining obstacles such as the Old Sluice or now neutralized Little Sluice BUT, there still are a few sections that would prove to be a challenge unless you did some road building or what the guys at Jeep called "stack a few rocks". But, with a rear locker and the Cherokee Trailhawk's crawl ratio, I'd be willing to bet it could be done. If you listen carefully, the Jeep guy said it took them 14 hours to complete the trail.

hydrohut

I'm betting there was lots of footage they didn't use putting those video's together lol. At one point he says they did it all on road tyre pressures. Why??? He's the head of design yet he chooses not to air down on that trail....

OJK12

This is pretty cool I think. I know things have changed but these guys are still proud of what they make and put forth a ton of effort to keep off road abilities in every jeep.

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
My neighbor has a 2014 and it's really nice on the highway and in spite of a lack of articulation it does surprisingly well. Think I like the Toaster a little more even though I haven't seen the little guy in person yet.

Top Bottom