Front Bumper Desicisons, Need opinions!

moorecb3

So, since I'm a college student and the years about over, its that time of the year that I can start working and upgrading my jeep again. That being said my next mod is going to be a new front bumper, I have it narrowed down to the evo 1/4 pounder, the Lod signature series shorty with stinger, and the PSC brawler lite with stinger, and cannot for the life of me pick one. So anyone that has ran any of these bumpers feedback would be greatly appreciated!!

So, since I'm a college student and the years about over, its that time of the year that I can start working and upgrading my jeep again. That being said my next mod is going to be a new front bumper, I have it narrowed down to the evo 1/4 pounder, the Lod signature series shorty with stinger, and the PSC brawler lite with stinger, and cannot for the life of me pick one. So anyone that has ran any of these bumpers feedback would be greatly appreciated!!

There is a LoD signature Series Shorty for sale on the forum

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?25370-Lod-front-bumper-for-sale

I have the Mid-With LoD and love it.

TheStick

I have heard great things about all 3, and your list is similar to mine. Pick the one you like the best and go for it. :thumb:

Lil Nasty

I chose the LOD sig series shorty. Liked the angular look and fog light holes. I didn't want to cut the crossmember so the others were out. I'm thinking about ordering the poison spider weld on pad-eyes to replace the ones on my LOD. I have the PS rear bumper and the tie down points are impressive compared to the LODs.

Also I wanted the winch to sit in the bumper. Louisiana gets hot and I didn't want my warn power plant blocking flow to my radiator.

Last edited:

NV375

.............anyone that has ran any of these bumpers feedback would be greatly appreciated!!

I just switched from the LoD Shorty W/O stinger to the EVO with stinger. My wife was not sure about removing a perfectly good bumper for a different one. The day after we got the jeep back she took a close look at the new one and said it was a work of art. All three are good bumpers. My vote still goes to EVO Manufacturing.

Attachments

• 1427899288185.jpg
    1427899288185.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 244
  • 1427899319668.jpg
    1427899319668.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 248
Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Honestly, all 3 are great choices and I have personally run the LoD and EVO. That being said, I checked your profile and didn't see any rocker guards listed in it. If you don't have any, I might recommend that you get a set BEFORE you consider getting a new front bumper. Just my opinion.

JK2DR

Ive only had the psc for about 4 months now, no complaints though. Very easy install and feels well made.

Attachments

• 1427900183975.jpg
    1427900183975.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 250

moorecb3

Thanks for all the input guys! Im glad to here that there all good choices, ill probably go with the evo, or posion spyder as there the two that look the best to me, only thing is I like how the evo has a recessed winch, and I like how the posion spyder keeps the fogs. Decisions, decisions..

moorecb3

Honestly, all 3 are great choices and I have personally run the LoD and EVO. That being said, I checked your profile and didn't see any rocker guards listed in it. If you don't have any, I might recommend that you get a set BEFORE you consider getting a new front bumper. Just my opinion.

Rocker guards were actually next on my list. Ive been doing some research to try and find some that were more budget friendly and would still protect my jeep.

Jake Wilson

Rocker guards were actually next on my list. Ive been doing some research to try and find some that were more budget friendly and would still protect my jeep.

That is one area that can get VERY exspensive if you get cheap. I can say I have known 3 people who have gone cheap on there sliders and have regretted it. My recommendation is do it right the first time. That way you don't have to buy it again.

BlackRubiJKU

Bumpers

I have BRAND NEW powder coated Poison Spyder BFH front AND rear for sale. They have not even been installed! 20150325_165119.jpg 20150325_165140.jpg 20150325_165226.jpg 20150325_165241.jpg

Last edited:

Lil Nasty

Thanks for all the input guys! Im glad to here that there all good choices, ill probably go with the evo, or posion spyder as there the two that look the best to me, only thing is I like how the evo has a recessed winch, and I like how the posion spyder keeps the fogs. Decisions, decisions..

And that's why I chose LOD. I liked the looks of the PS the best. The EVO didn't keep the fogs. It's all a compromise.

Havoc40

I went through the same dilemma with the same 3 bumpers. Personally, I thought the EVO Pro was the best looking and wanted the recessed winch. No fogs killed it for me though. I thought about giving it to the shop behind me and laser cutting spots for flush mount Rigids...but preferred them recessed back into the bumper.

Ultimately I decided on the Brawler Lite, since the Zeon doesn't take up too much grill/radiator surface area. My Jeep is finally going to be out of the body shop Friday to install! Tired of looking at it in my office

ski313

Would anyone with a poison spyder bumper with brawler bar be willing to tell me how far out the brawler bar sticks out from the grill? Maybe a side photo? I am also struggling with my front bumper decision. So many great choices. Thanks in advance

JCDriller

I know it's not a huge brand, but there if a company local to me here in SoCal called Full Metal Fabworks. I love their pinnacle series front bumper

5cd98b_fd7d35df80e94b2981a3069b5d67b8ce.jpg_srz_p_532_350_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srz

5cd98b_5901c7ef13f14e9388c5e375e92847a3.jpg_srz_p_495_320_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srz

Kpalas

Would anyone with a poison spyder bumper with brawler bar be willing to tell me how far out the brawler bar sticks out from the grill? Maybe a side photo? I am also struggling with my front bumper decision. So many great choices. Thanks in advance

Here's my side shot. I can measure it when I get home if you want. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1427939573.176591.jpg

moorecb3

I went through the same dilemma with the same 3 bumpers. Personally, I thought the EVO Pro was the best looking and wanted the recessed winch. No fogs killed it for me though. I thought about giving it to the shop behind me and laser cutting spots for flush mount Rigids...but preferred them recessed back into the bumper.

Ultimately I decided on the Brawler Lite, since the Zeon doesn't take up too much grill/radiator surface area. My Jeep is finally going to be out of the body shop Friday to install! Tired of looking at it in my office

Love the paint job on the bumper! yeah I just gotta decide how important the fogs are for me.

ski313

Kpalas, thanks for the photo. You're set up looks amazing. If it wouldn't be too much trouble to measure, I would appreciate it. Thanks again.

Havoc40

Love the paint job on the bumper! yeah I just gotta decide how important the fogs are for me.

Thanks. It's 2 coats of fine textured powder coat. I cut up a plate and rattle canned red for the logo. I'm pleased with how it turned out...the picture doesn't do it justice.

Fogs were important to me for times off the trail. Probably could have lived without them, just didn't want to. A wide LED bar on the EVO does look badass...that bumper keeps growing on me.

Top Bottom