Wheel balancing issue

BumblebeeZA

I recently fitted new MT tires.
Previously I never had any steering wobble (the quick left right left right left right shaking).

Since the new tires I get this wobble between 80km/h till about 95km/h.
I had the tire dealer rebalance the front tires yesterday, but still got the wobble, actually worse now.

The equipment at the tire dealer is OLD, and their tire gauges are out too, I asked 2.4bar, and when I check with 2 of my gauges it was at 2.06bar. I pumped up to 2.4bar with my equipment.

Is it possible that their balancing machine is just old and uncalibrated causing my wobble/shake?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Some tires are a lot harder to balance than others and when it comes to larger off road tires, it can take more than a few times to get it right. A road force balancer will be your best bet to get it on right. Have you tried rotating your tires to see if it makes a difference?

BumblebeeZA

Some tires are a lot harder to balance than others and when it comes to larger off road tires, it can take more than a few times to get it right. A road force balancer will be your best bet to get it on right. Have you tried rotating your tires to see if it makes a difference?

I tried rotating but with the back left in front, its almost undrivable. The tire dealer really has old, well very old equipment and they used so many weights, I swear my fuel consumption is worse from the weight they added to the wheels :shock:

I will send it to a dealer near to my house, its a fancy place and they recalibrate their machines every morning.
We do not have the road force balancer in south africa, well Ive never seen it here, I did google it and looks like a necessity in many applications actually.
I will find out by the dealer on Saturday when I make a turn.

Thanks for the input ;)

20150401_090838_resized.jpg

jeeeep

Hooked
wow! that's a lot of weights!

looks like they kept getting it out of balance more and added more weights, it was out more so they kept adding weights :thinking:

JohnnyD

I went through this recently in the states...my tires would not balance completely even with the road force process...but it did make them much better, which in my case was still bad. After changing tire brands, I found by expensive mistake all tires are not created equal.

Try another shop with modern equipment...other than that I'm not sure where to point you....maybe try the tire beads???

Top Bottom