Driveline vibes

Yorkie

So I finally lifted the tj with the 3.5 "heavy duty" quadratic lift and I have 33x12.5 duratracs on the way. After install, which included a 1" TC drop, I'm still getting vibes driving around town. Is SYE necessary? Or is there another way?

Reboot

Yes it is necessary and while you are at it raise the transfer case back up. If you plan to take it off road your t case will get hung up on everything.

Yorkie

Yes it is necessary and while you are at it raise the transfer case back up. If you plan to take it off road your t case will get hung up on everything.

Well I figured this was the best option. What about adjustable rear upper control arms? I can really only afford one of the two options so I'm looking for the one that will keep me going and keep most parts safe until I can afford all the necessary components

Moabbnd

With the SYE, you will need a new driveshaft. With the new driveshaft, it will require you to use adjustable rear upper control arms to set the pinion. This also requires you to use an adjustable rear track bar or an angled rear track bar bracket to use your stock track bar (JKS makes a good one). I would get adjustable arms first if you have to pick one. Look into Savvy double adjustable rear uppers. If not those, Rock Krawler is cheaper and works. It's best to do it all at once though

Have you checked your u-joints?

Yorkie

With the SYE, you will need a new driveshaft. With the new driveshaft, it will require you to use adjustable rear upper control arms to set the pinion. This also requires you to use an adjustable rear track bar or an angled rear track bar bracket to use your stock track bar (JKS makes a good one). I would get adjustable arms first if you have to pick one. Look into Savvy double adjustable rear uppers. If not those, Rock Krawler is cheaper and works. It's best to do it all at once though

Have you checked your u-joints?

So if you were to pick, you would go adjustable arms. U-joints seem ok and in all honesty the angle of them does not seem severe, but I guess that's all it takes when the DS is spinning at high rates.

Yorkie

So one more question, if I purchase rear upper adjustable control arms and fix the castor, why do I still need an SYE? Won't fixing the driveline angles be sufficient enough?

Yorkie

Just to top this off and end it for good. Installed AA sye with Tom woods shaft and the adjustable control arms and everything is set and perfect the Tj drives like a dream...sure glad the vibes are over

Top Bottom